A U.S. district court judge has given preliminary approval for Apple to pay a US$450 million settlement for its role in an e-books price-fixing conspiracy.
Apple has reached a settlement in a long-standing case that accused the company of fixing the price on e-books, with the company paying up to US$400 million, depending on the outcome of its appeal in the case, a law firm has announced.
A Seattle law firm has targeted Apple in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit partly because of the company's dominance in smartphone and tablet sales, the firm's managing director said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia