PlayStation Mobile, Sony's attempt to recreate PlayStation experiences on Android smartphones, tablets and the PS Vita, will close in July.
Nvidia will upgrade its Shield handheld gaming console to Android 4.4.2, code-named KitKat, with updates being pushed out over the air starting April 2.
Nintendo has cut its earnings forecast for the year to the end of March to a net loss, citing disappointing holiday sales of its Wii U and 3DS game devices.
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop games for the Sony PlayStation Vita to version 4.3 of its cross-platform toolset.
Nintendo cut the price on its flagship game console and introduced a portable system Wednesday, hoping to spur sales and better position itself for the year-end holiday season.
Nintendo warned Friday against the use of a smartphone app that can be used to create custom, all-powerful Pokemon characters for use in its handheld games.
Less than a day before it was scheduled to go on sale, Nvidia has pushed back the launch date of its Shield gaming device until July.
Nvidia's Shield is complementary to gaming consoles for now, but the company hopes that wide adoption of Android gaming ultimately could make the US$349 handheld an alternative to Xbox and PlayStation.
Nvidia's CEO showed an updated version of the company's Shield portable gaming device at the Computex trade show Tuesday, and said it will start shipping the device later this month to customers who pre-ordered it.
Nvidia's Project Shield handheld gaming device, now called simply Shield, will be available for pre-order on May 20 priced at US$349, though it won't ship to customers until the end of June.
Nintendo's President said a lack of compelling titles for the Wii U is hurting sales, and promised to improve the console's lineup this year.
Nvidia hopes to make its ambitious break into the portable handheld gaming market in the next few months, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
Sony will slash the price of its PlayStation Vita handheld game consoles by up to a third in Japan, it said Monday, weeks after it cut its sales target for the device following weak holiday sales.
Japanese gamemaker Nintendo will combine its hardware teams for portable and home-based consoles, the first major change in its development structure in nearly a decade.
The original concept for Nintendo's new Wii U game controller?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW