PlayStation Mobile, Sony's attempt to recreate PlayStation experiences on Android smartphones, tablets and the PS Vita, will close in July.
Nvidia will upgrade its Shield handheld gaming console to Android 4.4.2, code-named KitKat, with updates being pushed out over the air starting April 2.
Nintendo has cut its earnings forecast for the year to the end of March to a net loss, citing disappointing holiday sales of its Wii U and 3DS game devices.
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop games for the Sony PlayStation Vita to version 4.3 of its cross-platform toolset.
Nintendo cut the price on its flagship game console and introduced a portable system Wednesday, hoping to spur sales and better position itself for the year-end holiday season.
Nintendo warned Friday against the use of a smartphone app that can be used to create custom, all-powerful Pokemon characters for use in its handheld games.
Less than a day before it was scheduled to go on sale, Nvidia has pushed back the launch date of its Shield gaming device until July.
Nvidia's Shield is complementary to gaming consoles for now, but the company hopes that wide adoption of Android gaming ultimately could make the US$349 handheld an alternative to Xbox and PlayStation.
Nvidia's CEO showed an updated version of the company's Shield portable gaming device at the Computex trade show Tuesday, and said it will start shipping the device later this month to customers who pre-ordered it.
Nvidia's Project Shield handheld gaming device, now called simply Shield, will be available for pre-order on May 20 priced at US$349, though it won't ship to customers until the end of June.
Nintendo's President said a lack of compelling titles for the Wii U is hurting sales, and promised to improve the console's lineup this year.
Nvidia hopes to make its ambitious break into the portable handheld gaming market in the next few months, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
Sony will slash the price of its PlayStation Vita handheld game consoles by up to a third in Japan, it said Monday, weeks after it cut its sales target for the device following weak holiday sales.
Japanese gamemaker Nintendo will combine its hardware teams for portable and home-based consoles, the first major change in its development structure in nearly a decade.
The original concept for Nintendo's new Wii U game controller?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW