PlayStation Mobile, Sony's attempt to recreate PlayStation experiences on Android smartphones, tablets and the PS Vita, will close in July.
Nvidia will upgrade its Shield handheld gaming console to Android 4.4.2, code-named KitKat, with updates being pushed out over the air starting April 2.
Nintendo has cut its earnings forecast for the year to the end of March to a net loss, citing disappointing holiday sales of its Wii U and 3DS game devices.
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop games for the Sony PlayStation Vita to version 4.3 of its cross-platform toolset.
Nintendo cut the price on its flagship game console and introduced a portable system Wednesday, hoping to spur sales and better position itself for the year-end holiday season.
Nintendo warned Friday against the use of a smartphone app that can be used to create custom, all-powerful Pokemon characters for use in its handheld games.
Less than a day before it was scheduled to go on sale, Nvidia has pushed back the launch date of its Shield gaming device until July.
Nvidia's Shield is complementary to gaming consoles for now, but the company hopes that wide adoption of Android gaming ultimately could make the US$349 handheld an alternative to Xbox and PlayStation.
Nvidia's CEO showed an updated version of the company's Shield portable gaming device at the Computex trade show Tuesday, and said it will start shipping the device later this month to customers who pre-ordered it.
Nvidia's Project Shield handheld gaming device, now called simply Shield, will be available for pre-order on May 20 priced at US$349, though it won't ship to customers until the end of June.
Nintendo's President said a lack of compelling titles for the Wii U is hurting sales, and promised to improve the console's lineup this year.
Nvidia hopes to make its ambitious break into the portable handheld gaming market in the next few months, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
Sony will slash the price of its PlayStation Vita handheld game consoles by up to a third in Japan, it said Monday, weeks after it cut its sales target for the device following weak holiday sales.
Japanese gamemaker Nintendo will combine its hardware teams for portable and home-based consoles, the first major change in its development structure in nearly a decade.
The original concept for Nintendo's new Wii U game controller?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD