PlayStation Mobile, Sony's attempt to recreate PlayStation experiences on Android smartphones, tablets and the PS Vita, will close in July.
Nvidia will upgrade its Shield handheld gaming console to Android 4.4.2, code-named KitKat, with updates being pushed out over the air starting April 2.
Nintendo has cut its earnings forecast for the year to the end of March to a net loss, citing disappointing holiday sales of its Wii U and 3DS game devices.
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop games for the Sony PlayStation Vita to version 4.3 of its cross-platform toolset.
Nintendo cut the price on its flagship game console and introduced a portable system Wednesday, hoping to spur sales and better position itself for the year-end holiday season.
Nintendo warned Friday against the use of a smartphone app that can be used to create custom, all-powerful Pokemon characters for use in its handheld games.
Less than a day before it was scheduled to go on sale, Nvidia has pushed back the launch date of its Shield gaming device until July.
Nvidia's Shield is complementary to gaming consoles for now, but the company hopes that wide adoption of Android gaming ultimately could make the US$349 handheld an alternative to Xbox and PlayStation.
Nvidia's CEO showed an updated version of the company's Shield portable gaming device at the Computex trade show Tuesday, and said it will start shipping the device later this month to customers who pre-ordered it.
Nvidia's Project Shield handheld gaming device, now called simply Shield, will be available for pre-order on May 20 priced at US$349, though it won't ship to customers until the end of June.
Nintendo's President said a lack of compelling titles for the Wii U is hurting sales, and promised to improve the console's lineup this year.
Nvidia hopes to make its ambitious break into the portable handheld gaming market in the next few months, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
Sony will slash the price of its PlayStation Vita handheld game consoles by up to a third in Japan, it said Monday, weeks after it cut its sales target for the device following weak holiday sales.
Japanese gamemaker Nintendo will combine its hardware teams for portable and home-based consoles, the first major change in its development structure in nearly a decade.
The original concept for Nintendo's new Wii U game controller?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber, Alphabet autonomous car rivalry heats up
- Privacy groups complain to FTC about WhatsApp policy changes
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia