We test Seagate's hybrid 'SSHD' 2.5-inch hard disk
Is Seagate's monster ST8000VN0002 worth buying?
As you may recall, Amazon recently unveiled its new Cloud Drive service, which provides 5GB of free online storage. (Elsewhere I explained how you could bump your limit to 20GB for under a buck.) The only downside? To access it, you have to use Amazo...
If you're a fan of character-based interfaces -- such as DOS -- and free data recovery, you're going to love TestDisk and its companion utility, PhotoRec (a brother program included in the TestDisk download). Both free programs run in a DOS box or fr...
It's well-known that "deleting" a file from Windows doesn't fully remove it, but you may not understand just how much data can remain on your disk after a file is gone. Even fragments of a file such as a crucial e-mail or spreadsheet can contain valu...
Your hard disk is a time bomb, waiting to go off. If you're lucky, like most people, it will never detonate. But if you're unlucky, like some people, you could lose all of your files, works, and applications, with no warning when your hard disk crash...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW