A punched card was once the basis for digital information used for computer programs and data storage. They were widely used throughout the first half of the 20th century in processing machines to input data and to store it. Punch cards could be fed ...
Your hard disk is a time bomb, waiting to go off. If you're lucky, like most people, it will never detonate. But if you're unlucky, like some people, you could lose all of your files, works, and applications, with no warning when your hard disk crash...
It's time for a storage upgrade, but your budget won't bear the burden of both a blazing new VelociRaptor hard drive and an extra injection of Kingston RAM. Decision time: if you're looking to improve general performance on the cheap, do you shell ou...
Best deals of the week: 26 February
Good things come in small packages - and when it comes to storage, the saying couldn't be more true. No matter what size your data set is, you can find a stylish, pocketable wonder of modern miniaturization to store it and transport it.
Solid-state drives recently hit the 1-terabyte mark with the release of the US$3,300 OCZ Colossus 1TB SSD. Obviously, drives at this price point are not aimed at masses. Yet, from a historical perspective the Colossus is remarkably cheap. It's easy t...
The more digital content that we create (music, photos, movies, etc.) and the more we want to share it with others, the more likely it is we'll need some place to store it. You might be looking at digital cameras or music players on your holiday list...
The scoop: FreeAgent DockStar, by Seagate, about $US100
It's pretty much a given that solid state drives (SSDs) are the future of PC storage, and that hard drives are on the way out. But if you're buying a laptop today, which option is best?
Capitalizing on the buzz around green IT, Seagate and Western Digital have released new "green" hard drives designed to use less power (in part by spinning more slowly than the latest generation of drives) and produce less heat (thus requiring less c...
Anyone with a cheap data recovery program can recover your recently deleted files — even if you've emptied the recycle bin. They can also get files off a freshly-formatted hard drive. So if you want to be absolutely certain that your old PC's n...
The U.S. government says it's lost - yes, lost - an entire hard drive full of sensitive data. The external drive, stored at the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration, held personal data from the Clinton era, including information about Wh...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router review: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- AMD rockets past 100 FreeSync displays as Lenovo jumps on board
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC