Seagate Technology. the world's largest hard-disk drive maker, is planning to launch a new drive that's 25 percent thinner than current models. The 7-millimeter high drive will allow laptop PC makers to further reduce the thickness of their computers...
In spite of rumors that the first USB 3.0 products wouldn't surface until the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Buffalo Technology has beaten all comers to the punch by announcing today it was shipping its new DriveStation HD-HXU3 SuperSpe...
It seems every hard-drive manufacturer wants in on the USB 3.0 race. Digital product manufacturer Dane-Elec have announced a new line of external hard-drives that support the new faster USB 3.0 standard, claiming they will be the first company to rel...
The USB 3.0 race heated up Wednesday, as Buffalo made it known that its previously announced HD-HU3 range of hard drives will be the world's first SuperSpeed USB drives to make it to market when they ship in Japan later this month.
Seagate has extended its Barracuda line of desktop storage drives with the introduction of its Barracuda XT product.
After 8 years of success the USB 2.0 standard has begun its long journey into obsolescence. Dutch storage company Freecom has announced the first mainstream storage product based on 'SuperSpeed' USB 3.0.
The amount of storage needed for increasing amounts of data will rise ten-fold in the next five years, yet only one in three users are actively backing up their files, data from a recent Western Digital study revealed recently.
Seagate Technology has announced it is shipping its Seagate self-encrypting drive (SED) across its portfolio of enterprise-class hard drives.
Seagate Technology LLC today started shipping a 6Gbit/sec serial ATA hard disk drive, which doubles the throughput of its previous high-end SATA drive.
Despite the first ever USB 3.0 motherboard being delayed, the authors of a recent report think that our wait for Superspeed USB may be nearing an end.
A few months ago I reviewed Pogoplug, a gizmo that lets you connect USB drives directly to the Internet for access from anywhere. I said the best thing about it was the slick, simple service that let you get to your files from any browser. Seagate se...
Toshiba's Storage Device Division today introduced a new line of 1.8-inch hard disk drives (HDD) with up to 160GB capacity aimed at next-generation portable media players, digital video cameras and other consumer electronics products.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies today announced it's shipping the fifth generation of its 7200-rpm, 2.5-inch laptop hard disk drive that, at 500GB, has more than twice the capacity of its predecessor and is 16% faster.
Pillar Data Systems on Thursday introduced what it called the first 2TB SATA hard drive for enterprise storage, which would usher in the next phase of data-center storage density.
Samsung has announced the launch of its S1 Mini ultra-portable external hard drive with a maximum disk capacity of 250GB. The Samsung S1 Mini features a USB 1.8-inch hard drive which is the size of a credit card, thereby making it extremely pocketabl...
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge DatacentreVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTDevops / Technical Support AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager- SAP FICO implementationNSW
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Co-OrdinaterNSW
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge Routing and SwitchingVIC
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile Project ManagerACT
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- CCAutomation TesterQLD
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW