Hewlett-Packard's departure from the tablet business does not mean that Apple's iPad will remain the undisputed king, analysts said today.
With Hewlett-Packard (HP) likely spinning off its PC manufacturing business, other major vendors will almost certainly be looking for a way to get a bigger piece of the hardware pie.
News is spreading quickly online that HP is going to clear out the vast TouchPad inventory by dropping the price to an offer you can't refuse.
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
Barely two months after the HP TouchPad launched, and we're already writing its obituary. Even RIM's BlackBerry PlayBook tablet has survived for longer than that. I was among the reviewers who took HP to task on the TouchPad -- but even so, I'm sadde...
Some retailers sold out remaining Hewlett-Packard TouchPad tablets in just a few hours on Saturday after heavily discounted prices attracted buyers to the last remaining units of the soon-to-be defunct tablet.
Against a backdrop of economic uncertainty, acquisitions and earnings news from the world's top PC makers (Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Lenovo), the biggest Internet business (Google), and a major handset maker (Motorola Mobility) marked major realignme...
Vendors like Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Acer and Toshiba may dominate the worldwide PC market, but their efforts to turn those leads into smartphone success have failed, highlighted by HP's decision on Thursday to stop developing its WebOS-based products...
Hewlett-Packard's sale or spin-off of its PC business will put pressure on Microsoft to "hit the ball out of the park" with Windows 8, an analyst said today.
The acknowledgement yesterday by Hewlett-Packard (HP), the world's largest PC maker, that it is considering spinning off its massive PC manufacturing business means "they see the writing on the wall," as one analyst put it.
Hewlett-Packard's announcement on Thursday to stop making tablets and smartphones based on webOS surprised many analysts, who said the company buckled under the pressure of Apple's momentum and growing support for Android.
After pulling the plug on its webOS phones and tablet computers Thursday, Hewlett Packard said it expected to be less profitable than expected during its current fiscal quarter, which ends Oct. 31.
Hewlett-Packard will discontinue operations for webOS devices, specifically the TouchPad tablets and smartphones. It also confirmed that it is exploring the possible spin-off or sale of its Personal Systems Group (PSG), which dominates the global PC ...
India's largest mobile operator, Bharti Airtel, and second largest, Reliance Communications, are bundling Android tablets priced at between US$220 and $285 with their mobile services, in a bid to increase use of their data plans.
Lenovo reported strong earnings for the quarter ended June 30, with the company's net profits nearly doubling year-over-year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW