One Laptop Per Child is developing new functionality and protection features for its upcoming XO-3 tablet with the hope to attract more interest in the device.
Mention cloud computing to a mainframe professional, and he's likely to roll his eyes. Cloud is just a much-hyped new name for what mainframes have done for years, he'll say.
Apple’s iOS 4.3.4 PDF vulnerability fix issued Friday didn’t stymie jailbreakers for long -- a beta jailbreak tool for the mobile software update was released on Saturday.
Despite earlier reports that sales of Asus' convertible tablet were slowing, monthly shipments of the Eee Pad Transformer have surpassed 400,000 units per month, according to DigiTimes --making the Transformer the second-best selling tablet after the...
Software and services fueled IBM growth in the second quarter of 2011, the company said Monday.
Toshiba on Wednesday acknowledged a bug that causes its Thrive tablet to not wake up from sleep mode, and the company said it is working on a fix.
Acer has created a new mobile devices business group for China, with the aim of tapping the country's growing smartphone and tablet market.
SeaMicro has crammed 768 Atom processor cores into its latest low-power SM10000-64HD server in an effort to provide a quick response time to Web transactions while saving energy.
Science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke wrote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." When you read those words, you might imagine yourself showing an iPad to someone from the 1800s. You probably don't think twice abou...
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
Android tablets could become more appealing to the enterprise with VMware's View Client for Android.
Apple has amended its App Store policy in Taiwan, allowing customers to receive a refund within seven days of buying a product after a demand by Taipei's city government.
Mobile devices and applications are streaming into enterprises, changing the way IT departments buy technology and relate to other employees, three vendor executives said this week at the MobileBeat conference in San Francisco.
The scoop: TouchPad, by HP, about $500 (for 16GB; 32GB costs $600).
Dell on Thursday shipped a new asset management appliance for small and medium-size business customers aimed at cutting costs of managing hardware and software.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
- How does China respond to US chip threats? With a $30 billion factory
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW