Known for its straightforward business laptops, Lenovo is adding a touch of style with its new ThinkPad X1. The ultrathin laptop will be available May 24th for a starting price of US$1,399.
Component supply issues that left Apple unable to produce as many iPad 2 units as it had planned have reportedly eased.
Intel has firmly insisted that it is the owner of the Thunderbolt trademark, not Apple.
Apple is tweaking the look of its retail stores in what could be another marketing coup for the consumer electronics powerhouse.
Maingear this week announced a 3D gaming laptop with an overclocked 4.8GHz processor, in a bid to gain the extreme laptop performance crown from rivals.
The founders of Microsoft’s Pioneer Studios, which created the concept behind the double-sided Courier tablet, have scattered and the group’s office, located in a Seattle neighborhood full of startups, has closed.
Symantec today announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire privately held Clearwell Systems for about $390 million, a move that will put Symantec in the e-discovery market.
Research In Motion's (RIM) popular BlackBerry PlayBook tablet may not ship with native e-mail and personal information management (PIM) applications just yet -- they're expected this summer -- but thanks to the BlackBerry Bridge application, consumer...
Several big IT vendors, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, BMC Software, Intel and Red Hat, announced this week that they are banding together to promote an open-source virtualization platform -- Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) -- as an alternative t...
Texas Memory Systems (TMS) this week introduced its fastest flash memory card to date, the RamSan-70, a PCIe card that is half the size and three times as fast as previous card models.
With the popularity of its virtual-machine software soaring, VMware has been focusing on optimizing security for its vSphere platform both through cooperation with third-party security vendors and encouraging a shift to its own software-based securit...
About a third to half of all data centers will be physically expanding or leasing new space in the next two years, according to recent surveys.
With a new $2 billion device successfully installed Thursday, the International Space Station has become a dark matter hunter.
It had to happen: Amazon.com announced Thursday it is selling more Kindle e-books than print books, either hardcover or paperback.
More than a year ago, Google announced an ambitious project to create a new class of device powered by an operating-system version of its Chrome browser . Many months of hyped expectations later, Google finally took the wraps off the first of its Chr...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- CCSecurity Analyst/Security ArchitectACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCFiori ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT