Everyone wants what Microsoft's got, namely control of the most widely used computing platform. Or, more accurately, everyone wants the billions and billions of dollars that flow in from the dominance of desktop computing.
Hewlett-Packard considered using Intel's Thunderbolt interconnect in new desktop PCs announced Monday, but is sticking with USB 3.0 because of wider support, a company official said.
LAS VEGAS -- Tucked way in the back corner of the exhibition floor in a tiny cubicle, Gnodal Limited, a startup data center switch vendor from Bristol, U.K., unveiled its initial Ethernet offerings at Interop 2011 this week.
Consumers may love that Google's Chromebooks will automatically deliver security updates, but company administrators will resist it tooth and nail, experts said today.
Samsung Electronics announced that it is now producing high-performance DDR 2.0 multi-level-cell (MLC) memory chips based on its smallest 20-nanometer (nm) circuitry. The chips boast a performance improvement of three times over the company's current...
When Apple released new iMacs in early May, the company also made available new build-to-order (BTO) options in addition to the standard-configuration models.
Tablets based on Intel's first dedicated tablet processor may not be a monster hit among consumers like Apple's iPad, but they could find adoption in enterprises, analysts said this week.
Rambus on Thursday said it has agreed to acquire security technology company Cryptography Research (CRI) for US$342.5 million in a cash and stock deal. The move could help the company address interest among chip makers to add security features on har...
Google took another step toward the enterprise this week when executives unveiled the "Chromebook," a notebook PC that could boost both its new operating system and cloud apps.
There is no shortage of criticism about the cloud, about its lack of interoperability, fear of vendor lock-in as well as the security risks.
One of the problems with the marketability of the Chromebook -- that it only functions when connected to the Internet -- is also a misunderstanding. Google's Chrome OS doesn't have any locally installed apps like a word processor or spreadsheet manag...
The touted cost savings associated with cloud services didn't pan out for Ernie Neuman, not because the savings weren't real, but because the use of the service got out of hand.
If you're attempting to employ RIM's brand new BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat application while connected to a corporate network, but keep experiencing connectivity issues, your problems could be related to blocked ports or port forwarding in your en...
LAS VEGAS -- As corporate data stores continues to grow, in some cases by 50 per cent-plus a year, the expanding task of managing them and mining for information is forcing a change in how IT workers are trained.
Google made an interesting hardware-as-a-service proposition to businesses Wednesday with the introduction of the Chromebook. The Web-centric and laptop-like device will launch next month with support from vendor partners Samsung and Acer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT