Everyone wants what Microsoft's got, namely control of the most widely used computing platform. Or, more accurately, everyone wants the billions and billions of dollars that flow in from the dominance of desktop computing.
Hewlett-Packard considered using Intel's Thunderbolt interconnect in new desktop PCs announced Monday, but is sticking with USB 3.0 because of wider support, a company official said.
LAS VEGAS -- Tucked way in the back corner of the exhibition floor in a tiny cubicle, Gnodal Limited, a startup data center switch vendor from Bristol, U.K., unveiled its initial Ethernet offerings at Interop 2011 this week.
Consumers may love that Google's Chromebooks will automatically deliver security updates, but company administrators will resist it tooth and nail, experts said today.
Samsung Electronics announced that it is now producing high-performance DDR 2.0 multi-level-cell (MLC) memory chips based on its smallest 20-nanometer (nm) circuitry. The chips boast a performance improvement of three times over the company's current...
When Apple released new iMacs in early May, the company also made available new build-to-order (BTO) options in addition to the standard-configuration models.
Tablets based on Intel's first dedicated tablet processor may not be a monster hit among consumers like Apple's iPad, but they could find adoption in enterprises, analysts said this week.
Rambus on Thursday said it has agreed to acquire security technology company Cryptography Research (CRI) for US$342.5 million in a cash and stock deal. The move could help the company address interest among chip makers to add security features on har...
Google took another step toward the enterprise this week when executives unveiled the "Chromebook," a notebook PC that could boost both its new operating system and cloud apps.
There is no shortage of criticism about the cloud, about its lack of interoperability, fear of vendor lock-in as well as the security risks.
One of the problems with the marketability of the Chromebook -- that it only functions when connected to the Internet -- is also a misunderstanding. Google's Chrome OS doesn't have any locally installed apps like a word processor or spreadsheet manag...
The touted cost savings associated with cloud services didn't pan out for Ernie Neuman, not because the savings weren't real, but because the use of the service got out of hand.
If you're attempting to employ RIM's brand new BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat application while connected to a corporate network, but keep experiencing connectivity issues, your problems could be related to blocked ports or port forwarding in your en...
LAS VEGAS -- As corporate data stores continues to grow, in some cases by 50 per cent-plus a year, the expanding task of managing them and mining for information is forcing a change in how IT workers are trained.
Google made an interesting hardware-as-a-service proposition to businesses Wednesday with the introduction of the Chromebook. The Web-centric and laptop-like device will launch next month with support from vendor partners Samsung and Acer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia