A spike in attacks against IP PBXs that started last fall shows no signs of abating, spawning speculation that those responsible have tapped intobotnets and cloud computing resources to carry out their illegal activities.
Fusion-io, a maker of NAND flash memory cards that enhance the performance of data center servers, announced Tuesday that it plans an initial public offering it hopes can raise $150 million.
Seven out of 10 Android and iOS apps that contain open source "failed to comply with basic open source license requirements," according to a new analysis.
Dell is experimenting with chips based on ARM processors in its servers, but the architecture faces software issues that could stop it from being a viable alternative to x86 in the short term, a company executive said on Wednesday.
With the arrival of Apple's iPad 2, it's time for some tough decisions.
RainStor today announced the next generation of its online data repository. The update adds data deduplication capabilities and improved optimization for storing computer-generated historical data.
Lenovo on Tuesday announced the ThinkPad X220 laptop, which is one of the early ultraportable laptops running on new processors based on Intel's Sandy Bridge microarchitecture.
While virtual servers have proven a boon in the data center, they don't address the challenge of incrementally adding server capacity and automatically distributing load across them. As a result, the responsiveness and availability of a highly utiliz...
Research in Motion (RIM) has confirmed that its chief marketing Officer, Keith Pardy, is departing for personal reasons, a move that has provoked renewed concerns about RIM's marketing efforts.
Mozilla has urged users to update their graphics cards' drivers if they want to take advantage of Firefox 4's hardware acceleration.
Not getting enough sleep these days? You may have to blame your computer or your mobile phone.
Last week, Apple's iPad 2 appeared to send Samsung into a panic--one Samsung exec said the company would have to rethink pricing of its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet and "improve the parts that are inadequate."
Dell will release an ultrathin laptop with Intel's latest Sandy Bridge chips in the next few weeks, the company said Monday.
This time next year Steve Jobs may take to the stage and introduce the iPad 3, while Microsoft is still working on a tablet-tailored Windows, according to a Bloomberg report. A few months after, though, Microsoft will release a tablet-friendly versio...
As more tablets come to market, be prepared to be wowed by the power that some of these slates are capable of. But also be prepared to be disappointed: The tablets already on the market, or coming soon, have a slew of gotchas -- especially the lower-...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Box revises platform pricing to ease developer adoption
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- IBM applies AI to factory QA
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- FTPortfolio Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- TPAutomation TesterQLD