Smartphone makers, not personal computer firms, are best positioned to make tablet PCs because of close links between external design and operating systems, a researcher in Taiwan said on Wednesday.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Chinese handset manufacturer ZTE plans to launch its first smartphone in the U.S. this year, a move that follows the company's latest success in securing a bigger hold of the mobile phone market.
IBM's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9205158/IBM_supercomputer_wins_first_Jeopardy_dust_up">Jeopardy playing supercomputer</a> has been touted by some observers to be one of the biggest computing advancements in the past several deca...
I got a close up look at the new HTC Flyer tablet at an HTC event here at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
As businesses increasingly adopt tablets, Intel wants to bring those devices under control by implementing remote management and security capabilities in hardware and software, the company said this week.
High Tech Computer (HTC) released five new Android-based devices, including two phones with a dedicated Facebook button, the Salsa and the ChaCha, at Mobile World Congress on Tuesday. It also unveiled its Flyer tablet.
Toshiba will launch its upcoming tablet computer in Europe and the Middle East in addition to North America, it said Tuesday.
It has only recently been formally introduced, but the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 was almost a foregone conclusion. Even as more manageable 7-inch tablets have made headlines in the past months, including the first Galaxy Tab, manufacturers have had App...
Perhaps you've seen that a number of major vendors announced plans to introduce a tablet PC of some sort at CES. No, the 2011 CES. Yes, you are correct that those same vendors announced tablet plans at last year's CES and nothing ever materialised, b...
Dell on Monday introduced a server that can accommodate up to 96 CPU cores -- a big boost in the computational power provided by its hardware.
Samsung has added the Honeycomb-based Galaxy Tab 10.1 to its line-up of tablets.
LG Electronics provided details on some of its most highly anticipated mobile gadgets on Sunday, including the LG Optimus Pad tablet and Optimus 3D smartphone, which will be shown at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week.
University of Southern California researchers have put a number on how much information humans can store, communicate and compute: 295 exabytes, give or a take a zettabyte.
The deal between Nokia and Microsoft hurts Intel's plans to enter the market for smartphones, in which the company has virtually no presence, analysts said on Friday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC