Check Point is introducing four applications for its a la carte security platform that allows customers to create tailored security appliances on off-the-shelf hardware.
Networking rivals HP and Cisco have abandoned their common ground in data center switching, with HP accusing Cisco of diverting an IEEE standard and Cisco insisting that customers drove the change.
Most people -- even IT pros who spend their lives maintaining corporate computing infrastructure -- are so busy with life, families, work and the rest that they tend to leave periodic home PC maintenance tasks at the bottom of a long list of things t...
Dell will launch a 10-inch Windows-based tablet for business users later this year and plans to sell 10-inch Android-based tablets too, the company said Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard has delayed plans to launch new laptops with Intel's latest Core processors, just a few days after HP stopped making PCs that previously paired the chips with Intel's faulty chipset.
The U.S. Energy Department's Argonne National Laboratory has commissioned IBM to build what will become one of the world's most powerful supercomputers, IBM announced Tuesday.
Kenneth Olsen, the computer industry pioneer who co-founded and led minicomputer king Digital Equipment Corp. for 35 years, died at the age of 84 on Sunday in Indianapolis.
1. Get smart
Cloud computing demands a mix of technology skills, negotiating skills, business acumen and people skills. Here are 10 key skills that can help boost your career into the clouds.
China is building a city-sized cloud computing and office complex that will include a mega data center, one of the projects fueling that country's double-digit growth in IT spending.
The Motorola Xoom, the much anticipated Google Android 3.0-based tablet unveiled during CES last month, will sport a price tag of about $800 and be available on Feb. 24.
Apple will introduce the next iPhone on June 6, an analyst said today.
Doctors have fallen in love with the Apple iPad, becoming one of the biggest early adopters among professionals. They want iPads for personal use and to get their work done. It's the latter that has healthcare IT staff scrambling to secure the device...
Hewlett-Packard is trying to bridge the gap between mobile devices such as tablets and desktops with its new desktop PCs, an effort that could help the company ease data flow and standardize the deployment of applications among devices.
The US government is setting out to address concerns about security in the cloud. The US National Institute of Standards and Technology has issued a draft document looking at issues such as privacy and security within cloud environments.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Developer (x2)NSW
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- FTSnr Security Architect - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTPeoplesoft Functional Consultant - Campus SolutionsNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Project Manager ( IT Infrastructure)ACT