Check Point is introducing four applications for its a la carte security platform that allows customers to create tailored security appliances on off-the-shelf hardware.
Networking rivals HP and Cisco have abandoned their common ground in data center switching, with HP accusing Cisco of diverting an IEEE standard and Cisco insisting that customers drove the change.
Most people -- even IT pros who spend their lives maintaining corporate computing infrastructure -- are so busy with life, families, work and the rest that they tend to leave periodic home PC maintenance tasks at the bottom of a long list of things t...
Dell will launch a 10-inch Windows-based tablet for business users later this year and plans to sell 10-inch Android-based tablets too, the company said Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard has delayed plans to launch new laptops with Intel's latest Core processors, just a few days after HP stopped making PCs that previously paired the chips with Intel's faulty chipset.
The U.S. Energy Department's Argonne National Laboratory has commissioned IBM to build what will become one of the world's most powerful supercomputers, IBM announced Tuesday.
Kenneth Olsen, the computer industry pioneer who co-founded and led minicomputer king Digital Equipment Corp. for 35 years, died at the age of 84 on Sunday in Indianapolis.
1. Get smart
Cloud computing demands a mix of technology skills, negotiating skills, business acumen and people skills. Here are 10 key skills that can help boost your career into the clouds.
China is building a city-sized cloud computing and office complex that will include a mega data center, one of the projects fueling that country's double-digit growth in IT spending.
The Motorola Xoom, the much anticipated Google Android 3.0-based tablet unveiled during CES last month, will sport a price tag of about $800 and be available on Feb. 24.
Apple will introduce the next iPhone on June 6, an analyst said today.
Doctors have fallen in love with the Apple iPad, becoming one of the biggest early adopters among professionals. They want iPads for personal use and to get their work done. It's the latter that has healthcare IT staff scrambling to secure the device...
Hewlett-Packard is trying to bridge the gap between mobile devices such as tablets and desktops with its new desktop PCs, an effort that could help the company ease data flow and standardize the deployment of applications among devices.
The US government is setting out to address concerns about security in the cloud. The US National Institute of Standards and Technology has issued a draft document looking at issues such as privacy and security within cloud environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia