The humanoid robot taking off in NASA's space shuttle Discovery tomorrow afternoon could get a companion in a few years when the Japanese Space Agency plans to send its own robot to the International Space Station.
Apple's Mac sales are up more than 20 per cent this quarter compared to the same quarter last year, and the company will get a further bump when it refreshes its MacBook line, an analyst said today. That refresh could come this week.
Verizon Wireless will start selling Motorola's Xoom tablet on Feb. 24 for $599.99 with a two-year service agreement, the carrier confirmed today.
IBM's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9205158/IBM_supercomputer_wins_first_Jeopardy_dust_up">Jeopardy playing supercomputer</a> has been touted by some observers to be one of the biggest computing advancements in the past several deca...
T-Mobile USA today said the Galaxy S 4G smartphone will ship this month and offered more details on its G-Slate tablet by LG, saying it will have an 8.9-in. 3D-capable display when it ships this spring.
Google has big plans for its Android 3.0 OS, code-named "Honeycomb," including its use in a variety of mobile devices, not just tablets, that are driven by gestures without hardware or even soft buttons.
The Motorola Xoom 10.1-inch touchscreen tablet will cost $700 when it first appears on Feb. 17, according to leaked documents and an unnamed Engadget.com source.
If it wasn't already obvious, Apple's iPad has led the way to explosive growth in the so-called "media tablet" business. The device almost exclusively led the way to a strong 2010 third quarter that grew by 45 per cent compared to the second quarter,...
BOSTON -- With dozens of new tablets hitting the market in 2011, Research in Motion (RIM) faces an uphill climb with its upcoming 7-in. PlayBook tablet, which will run its BlackBerry Tablet OS.
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
BOSTON -- The BlackBerry PlayBook, initially being sold with Wi-Fi, will allow tethering to a BlackBerry smartphone, giving users access to the smartphone's cellular network and all the calendar, messaging and Web-browsing features running on the sma...
Each year, the editors and reviewers of the InfoWorld Test Center gather to look over the list of products that earned the highest marks in stand-alone reviews or came in first in multiproduct shoot-outs. We then determine which ones were particularl...
The number of corporations arming workers with tablets will double early this year, a research firm said last month, citing its recent survey of 1,641 IT buyers.
Computers and their software today are too complicated, and users are increasingly looking at iPads and cloud-based services such as Google Docs to handle the basics that most of us stick to: document editing, photo management, emailing, Web browsing...
Global sales of e-readers like Amazon.com's Kindle will reach 6.6 million devices by the end of 2010, and then jump 68 per cent to 11 million devices in 2011 as it battles popular media tablets such as Apple's iPad, Gartner said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook takes a swing at Pinterest with Chrome extensions
- IBM just found a way to turn toxic old smartphones into medical-grade plastic
- Microsoft Sway gets its first paid features
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia