Technology breakthroughs that many people don't even know exist.
Geeks at heart, these 25 Valentine’s Day gifts are for you and yours.
With big layoffs rumored to be close on the horizon, IBM is going to need to use another regeneration.
The Sprout, HP's innovative new PC, towered above my desk. An array of cameras and a projector (collectively called the Illuminator) loomed over its 23-inch touch display.
In addition to claiming a record for the "World's most lightweight laptop," Lenovo is unveiling all sorts of other, less record-worthy (but still interesting) devices at CES 2015, from cheap Android tablets to flexible laptops and PCs that can read y...
If your old workhorse of a PC is starting to slow down in its old age, these low (or no-) cost tricks can help put some pep in its processing step.
Apple sets the standard -- for both success and failure. Here's a look at 11 major screwups, some of which almost derailed the company
Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, has set new goals, taken some decisive actions, moved ahead with works already in progress and made Wall Street happy.
Proof that no matter how much time, effort, and money you put into something, it may sink like a stone and stay at the bottom
Google Glass has had a ripple effect throughout the enterprise world.
Apple has refreshed the MacBook Pro line with minor upgrades of the processor, a small price cut to the aged non-Retina model, and additional RAM for the least-expensive Retina configurations.
Canberra 3D printing start-up, Hardcotton, has developed what it claims is the world’s first pressure-controlled 3D printer, a device which requires minimal human interaction.
A new version of Android, a TV suite and a whole lot more.
An early look at cutting-edge technology being developed by Microsoft
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW