Researchers from Harvard and the University of Illinois have printed precisely interlaced stacks of tiny battery electrodes, each less than the width of a human hair.
The shift toward smaller tablets will accelerate in the second half of the year when a slew of tablet makers, including Apple, introduce new models with screens 8-in. or smaller, said Richard Shim, an analyst with DisplaySearch.
Haswell -- Intel's fourth generation of the incredibly successful Core CPU -- is here. As vendors begin rolling out hardware to keep up with one another in the renewed specs and performance race, that age-old game that inevitably follows is about to ...
The outsized, the hefty and the completely ridiculous
A West Virginia state legislator is looking to amend a no-texting-while-driving law by also banning drivers from using computerized glasses.
While there’s a lot more going on under hood, touch control is the singular Windows 8 feature that fundamentally changes how you interact with your notebook, tablet, or desktop PC.
ICT solutions provider, Huawei, has unveiled what it claims to be the “world’s fastest smartphone,” the Ascend P2, at the 2013 Mobile World Congress (MWC).
For those that call tablets personal computers, Apple Inc. is the world's top PC maker, according to research firm Canalys.
Hardware accessories vendor, Belkin, has agreed to buy Cisco’s Home Networking Business unit which includes the Linksys brand.
Apple's computer hardware designs through the years have reflected the state of the company. Subliminal messages abound with each product release. Here are some of Apple's most bold, iconic computer designs and what we think they're telling us.
Apple will manufacture one of its Mac lines exclusively in the U.S. by the end of 2013, CEO Tim Cook told NBC and BusinessWeek in interviews made public today.
The Daily's demise may appear to be a big blow to the future of iPad magazines -- but it shouldn't. Tablet publishers can learn a great deal from The Daily's shortcomings.
Microsoft has announced that the Xbox Live Gold subscription service will be unlocked and open to all users in 15 selected countries.
Nintendo's latest device finally reaches Aussie shelves with several stores hosting midnight launches.
Electronics vendor, Sony Australia, is tackling the Christmas retail rush through a summer-themed campaign titled ‘Summertainment’, which will reward customers on (very) select purchases.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Intel's Itanium to live an as HPE commits to new servers with the chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW