The company that publishes books under the Macmillan imprint has agreed to allow discounting of its electronic books as part of a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice over price-fixing in the fast-growing e-book market.
Penguin Group has become the latest book publisher to reach a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice in a lawsuit that alleges that Apple and five publishers had conspired to raise e-book prices.
A Seattle law firm has targeted Apple in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit partly because of the company's dominance in smartphone and tablet sales, the firm's managing director said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- GoDaddy offers $1.8 billion for Host Europe
- Cisco Meraki sees the hotel of the future in its new Wi-Fi gear
- Tell-tale toys open bedroom door to strangers, consumer groups warn
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorSA
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- TPSharePoint ConsultantNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC