U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digi...
The bridge to the future may be built by robots.
If you've ever wondered whether wearable computers might one day turn into computers that are implanted in our brains, research at Harvard University suggests it's a possibility.
When Ken Griffin, the director of IT operations for Harvard Business Publishing, warned his staff, "12 months from now, those servers are being switched off," his message was crystal clear -- there's no going back, learn the cloud or step aside.
While administrators scramble to fix the newly discovered Shellshock vulnerability, Harvard University researchers are putting the finishing touches on a scripting language built to mitigate the damage caused by such holes.
The robot uprising must surely be close at hand, as Ivy League scientists are diligently working to give machines the ability to collaborate with themselves without intervention from the humans.
Online course participants are more likely to browse lesson material than stick around to earn a completion certificate, according to a report examining enrollment and usage data from edX, an online learning platform jointly launched by Harvard Unive...
Researchers from Harvard and the University of Illinois have printed precisely interlaced stacks of tiny battery electrodes, each less than the width of a human hair.
Researchers at Harvard University's School of Engineering and Applied Sciences have developed an insect-like robot that achieves flight by flapping a pair of tiny wings.
The main U.S. law targeting cybercrime may need to be changed because it has allowed law enforcement agencies to target people who simply violate websites' terms of service or their employers' computer use policies, two senators said Wednesday.
The cofounder of online news site Reddit has been charged with computer intrusion, fraud and data theft for allegedly stealing 4.8 million documents from a Massachusetts Institute of Technology network, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Ubiquitous availability of the Internet may be causing a shift in how much information we retain in our memories, researchers claim.
Web-based e-mail, social-networking and peer-to-peer services are frustrating law enforcement wiretapping efforts, a lawyer for the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation told lawmakers Thursday, but she did not offer concrete ideas on how to fix the p...
Steve Ballmer has been CEO of Microsoft for more than a decade, and it seems he's spent much of that time fighting off speculation that Microsoft should fire him.
As if the opening of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/092410-facebook-movie-a-hit-critics.html?pid=162">The Social Network movie</a> to start the month didn’t give people enough to talk about regarding Facebook, the company this past w...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW