U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digi...
The bridge to the future may be built by robots.
If you've ever wondered whether wearable computers might one day turn into computers that are implanted in our brains, research at Harvard University suggests it's a possibility.
When Ken Griffin, the director of IT operations for Harvard Business Publishing, warned his staff, "12 months from now, those servers are being switched off," his message was crystal clear -- there's no going back, learn the cloud or step aside.
While administrators scramble to fix the newly discovered Shellshock vulnerability, Harvard University researchers are putting the finishing touches on a scripting language built to mitigate the damage caused by such holes.
The robot uprising must surely be close at hand, as Ivy League scientists are diligently working to give machines the ability to collaborate with themselves without intervention from the humans.
Online course participants are more likely to browse lesson material than stick around to earn a completion certificate, according to a report examining enrollment and usage data from edX, an online learning platform jointly launched by Harvard Unive...
Researchers from Harvard and the University of Illinois have printed precisely interlaced stacks of tiny battery electrodes, each less than the width of a human hair.
Researchers at Harvard University's School of Engineering and Applied Sciences have developed an insect-like robot that achieves flight by flapping a pair of tiny wings.
The main U.S. law targeting cybercrime may need to be changed because it has allowed law enforcement agencies to target people who simply violate websites' terms of service or their employers' computer use policies, two senators said Wednesday.
The cofounder of online news site Reddit has been charged with computer intrusion, fraud and data theft for allegedly stealing 4.8 million documents from a Massachusetts Institute of Technology network, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Ubiquitous availability of the Internet may be causing a shift in how much information we retain in our memories, researchers claim.
Web-based e-mail, social-networking and peer-to-peer services are frustrating law enforcement wiretapping efforts, a lawyer for the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation told lawmakers Thursday, but she did not offer concrete ideas on how to fix the p...
Steve Ballmer has been CEO of Microsoft for more than a decade, and it seems he's spent much of that time fighting off speculation that Microsoft should fire him.
As if the opening of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/092410-facebook-movie-a-hit-critics.html?pid=162">The Social Network movie</a> to start the month didn’t give people enough to talk about regarding Facebook, the company this past w...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
- Toy maker Maisto’s website pushed growing CryptXXX ransomware threat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA