In an industry first, Seagate has been able to boost areal density to 1TB per platter in a 2.5-inch form factor that's only 7mm high.
SSDs have seen four straight quarters of 10% or greater price drops, leading one analyst to predict that they will near price parity with hard drives in the next two years.
As cloud storage and SSDs threaten to make hard drives an afterthought, Seagate's LaCie division has decided to make storage an art form.
Western Digital’s My Passport Wireless is a Windows- and Mac-compatible, portable hard disk drive intended for the wireless offloading and consumption of data.
Western Digital is shipping two new 6TB hard drives as it tries to make its highest-capacity storage products affordable.
Seagate Technology thinks the storage capacity could be larger in tablets, most of which come with a relatively small amount of native storage.
LaCie has increased the storage capacity of its 5big external storage product to 25TB.
Western Digital’s (WD) flash storage expansion drive has moved through yet another phase, with the storage vendor announcing it has completed its acquisition of Virident Systems for $US685 million.
SSDs are encroaching on hard disk drives with the promise of faster access to data, but HDDs are fighting back -- in some cases, with built-in solid-state storage of their own.
The drive towards dirt-cheap Ultrabooks is getting a big boost with the release of Western Digital's new ultra-slim spinning hard drive, a barely there piece of hardware that is even thinner than the iPhone 5.
When it comes time to buy your next high-performance laptop, chances are good that it will feature a solid state drive (SSD). But what if you'd prefer to have a high-speed, high-capacity traditional hard drive instead? Don't look to Seagate, one of t...
Seagate Technology said Tuesday it has completed the acquisition of the hard disk drive (HDD) business of Samsung Electronics, after it recently received approval for the deal in Australia, China, and the European Commission.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST) said Monday it began shipments of its first 4TB, 3.5-inch hard drive, targeted at the PC market, three months after rival Seagate launched its own version.
Hard-drive maker Western Digital has resumed the partial production of hard drives in Thailand, but also warned that some of its operations were still under water from the severe floods that hit the country starting late July.
The early brunt of a hard-drive shortage resulting from widespread flooding in Thailand is falling on small PC makers, who are raising computer prices to stem losses.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystOther
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Out of hoursSA
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther