The personal information found in health care records fetches hefty sums on underground markets, making any company that stores such data a very attractive target for attackers.
Apple has updated its iOS development guidelines to spell out what consent mobile apps dealing with human medical research must obtain.
As concern grows about data collection by mobile apps, Apple and companies involved with its new ResearchKit software development framework for medical studies say users of the first five apps have nothing to worry about.
Apple thinks its new software framework can solve some of the biggest challenges facing medical researchers, including recruiting people for studies and collecting health data more frequently.
Medical device maker DexCom is developing an Apple Watch app that will allow diabetics to monitor their blood-sugar levels a bit more discreetly.
With more health providers and insurers incorporating IT into clinical care, hackers are viewing the health care industry as their next target.
Hackers involved in the data breach at US health insurer, Anthem, may have ties to the Chinese government, according to a news report.
If you have problems sleeping, Toshiba has a wearable device that can help unlock the mysteries of your night.
Skin cancer can be detected more quickly and accurately by using cognitive computing-based visual analytics, researchers at IBM Research have found, in collaboration with New York's Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
An Illinois hospital says someone attempted to blackmail it to stop the release of data about some of its patients.
An online service allowing consumers to pay their medical bills failed to adequately inform them that it would also try to collect highly detailed medical information from their pharmacies, medical labs and insurance companies, the U.S. Federal Trade...
Governments may need to tighten the regulatory screws on SaaS vendors to make them be more transparent and forthcoming about their security practices.
The dearth of software development talent isn't an issue restricted to U.S. businesses. Finding programmers, especially to fill positions in the growing field of health IT, is a global challenge, said speakers Tuesday during a panel discussion on dev...
If your doctor has told you to keep close tabs on your blood pressure, NEC is developing a new wearable cuff with a gentle touch.
Chinese search giant Baidu is getting on the smart bike bandwagon with an operating system that lets cyclists track their workouts and routes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- TPChange Manager | GovernmentQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- FTApplication DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW