Lose weight by tapping the screen
health in pictures
Some industries adopt technology more quickly than others, but even the most careful and slowest-moving industries have bought into the value of mobile apps. Here are the top 10 apps in each of six major industries.
The oncology patients can select from a range of VR experiences -- including jumping from an aeroplane in a skydiving simulation, taking a boat ride through the Sydney Harbour and petting Koalas at a zoo -- as they undergo arduous treatment sessions ...
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) impacts millions; these high-school-age inventors have an antidote
The Life Light can turn a window into a phototherapy system.
Hackers love health apps because their popularity has outpaced the industry's ability to safeguard them. Technology experts discussed the privacy and security risks at a House hearing July 14 with the Energy and Commerce subcommittee.
For patients with chronic health conditions, this data-sharing platform could be a life-saver.
The tiny robot would be swallowed inside a capsule and then, once inside a patient's stomach, it would unfold itself and then repair a wound.
Have you ever ignored the person you are with, be it a boyfriend or a friend, in order to look for a suitable #quoteoftheday (with just the right mix of inspiration and cute) to wow your hundred-something Instagram admirers?
Look around you on the bus and on the train no one is talking to each other anymore but they all are looking down at their phones. According to a recent survey, 53 per cent of us are checking our phones within five minutes of waking up.
Has the recent wave of ransomware attacks aimed at hospitals been a wakeup call for the healthcare industry? Or is this latest security plague just part of the new normal?
Fitbit has released a new range of fitness trackers that also incorporate smartwatch features. There are three models, and each one offers a different set of features depending on your fitness goals. Find out which one is right for you.
Is the Bowflex Boost awful? No. Is it dysfunctional, buggy, problematic? Nope. But it's a half-measure, a stopgap, an underachiever. In a world full of Fitbits, Jawbones, FuelBands, Fitbugs, and a growing plethora of "smart" trackers and watches, the...
Whitepapers about health
With EmblemHealth’s company headquarters flooded after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, this paper explains how a mobile laptop solution enabled displaced employees to work remotely and maintain productivity. • Hurricane Sandy’s surge swamped the building’s sublevels, where its mechanical and electrical systems reside, rendering it uninhabitable for three months • Employees who were working remotely could access the company’s intranet to get updates as needed • Corporate notebooks were also essential to mobile workers such as visiting nurses and health coaches
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW