With the first flu pandemic in 41 years officially declared today by The World Health Organization (WHO), companies are again being urged to make sure that business continuity plans are in place and they're prepared for the outbreak.
Microsoft has purchased software from Merck & Co. to make its Amalga data-aggregation and management software more useful to life sciences and pharmaceutical researchers, the company said Monday.
Various technologies enable patients to exchange health information with caregivers. Patients can use a Health system to videoconference with health-care professionals and receive videos about diet and exercise. Patients can also attach a blood press...
In a study that is unlikely to find favor among privacy advocates, researchers from two academic institutions warned that increased privacy protections around health data will hamper the adoption of electronic medical records systems.
Microsoft on Monday will unveil a new version of its software for aggregating health records that makes it easier for patients and doctors to share information electronically.
Intel and General Electric have formed an alliance to market and create home-based health care technologies, in an effort to reduce health-care costs and allow elderly people to stay out of hospitals.
Wireless devices will create a sea change in the way medicine can be practiced, a top U.S. doctor said Thursday at the CTIA conference in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC