Methodist University Hospital in Memphis confirmed late Tuesday that Apple CEO Steve Jobs recently underwent a liver transplant.
With the first flu pandemic in 41 years officially declared today by The World Health Organization (WHO), companies are again being urged to make sure that business continuity plans are in place and they're prepared for the outbreak.
Microsoft has purchased software from Merck & Co. to make its Amalga data-aggregation and management software more useful to life sciences and pharmaceutical researchers, the company said Monday.
Various technologies enable patients to exchange health information with caregivers. Patients can use a Health system to videoconference with health-care professionals and receive videos about diet and exercise. Patients can also attach a blood press...
In a study that is unlikely to find favor among privacy advocates, researchers from two academic institutions warned that increased privacy protections around health data will hamper the adoption of electronic medical records systems.
Microsoft on Monday will unveil a new version of its software for aggregating health records that makes it easier for patients and doctors to share information electronically.
Intel and General Electric have formed an alliance to market and create home-based health care technologies, in an effort to reduce health-care costs and allow elderly people to stay out of hospitals.
Wireless devices will create a sea change in the way medicine can be practiced, a top U.S. doctor said Thursday at the CTIA conference in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
- 5 Oppo F1s review: 2016 has another King of the Best Value phones
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- TravelBank uses machine learning to save businesses money on travel
- Indian banks replace millions of debit cards after possible breach
- Wipro is buying cloud consultant Appirio for $500M
- Free tool protects PCs from master boot record attacks
- Intel's $1.4B antitrust verdict should be reviewed, top EU judge says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC