Heartland Payment Systems has made a third settlement deal, this time with MasterCard, related to a massive data breach two years ago at the card payments processor.
When companies publicly declare that they have suffered a data breach, it's best not to reveal how many individual records were involved if they don't want to take a hit in their stock prices, according to a study.
Responding to its widely reported and massive data breach that took place a year ago, Heartland Payment Systems will be moving to an end-to-end encryption system for payment transactions, according to Chairman and CEO Robert Carr.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW