Many companies set up subdomains for use with external services, but then forget to disable them when they stop using those services, creating a loophole for attackers to exploit.
Salesforce.com has made another step toward unifying its family of application development technologies with Salesforce1 Heroku Connect, which synchronizes data between its Force.com platform and Heroku.
Insufficient documentation on how to performance-tune a legacy Ruby on Rails stack led to a highly publicized complaint from one of the largest customers of Salesforce.com's Heroku PaaS (platform-as-a-service), Heroku has acknowledged.
Salesforce.com is "aggressively investigating" a database software error that led to temporary performance problems in part of its infrastructure.
Independent platform-as-a-service providers acknowledge that theirs is a crowded market, especially with big IT vendors like Oracle, Hewlett-Packard and Dell entering as competitors, but they expressed confidence this week that there is room in the m...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Schneider Electric PLC simulator flaw exposes workstations to hacking
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCSecurity Architect (Identity Access Management) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportNSW
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW