Many companies set up subdomains for use with external services, but then forget to disable them when they stop using those services, creating a loophole for attackers to exploit.
Salesforce.com has made another step toward unifying its family of application development technologies with Salesforce1 Heroku Connect, which synchronizes data between its Force.com platform and Heroku.
Insufficient documentation on how to performance-tune a legacy Ruby on Rails stack led to a highly publicized complaint from one of the largest customers of Salesforce.com's Heroku PaaS (platform-as-a-service), Heroku has acknowledged.
Salesforce.com is "aggressively investigating" a database software error that led to temporary performance problems in part of its infrastructure.
Independent platform-as-a-service providers acknowledge that theirs is a crowded market, especially with big IT vendors like Oracle, Hewlett-Packard and Dell entering as competitors, but they expressed confidence this week that there is room in the m...
Salesforce.com's Heroku division has launched a stand-alone version of its PostgreSQL-based database, giving developers a "battle-tested" way to build applications with the cloud platform of their choosing, the company announced this week.
New Relic is taking its Web application performance service to Java apps running on Heroku's platform.
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff is known as a big thinker and talker, and now he's hoping to be one of Silicon Valley's biggest party hosts, with more than 42,000 people registered so far for the company's annual Dreamforce event this week in San Fra...
Heroku, the platform-as-a-service provider bought last year by Salesforce.com, announced Thursday that it will begin supporting applications written in Java.
StackMob hopes to make it easier for Heroku's customers to extend their applications to mobile phones, by adding its service as a Heroku add-on.
Salesforce.com is ready to help customers turn their businesses into "social enterprises," CEO Marc Benioff said Thursday during the on-demand software vendor's Cloudforce event in Boston.
Salesforce.com has come a long way from its beginnings as an on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor.
Salesforce.com is expanding its presence in Japan with a series of new investments and partnerships, the on-demand software vendor announced Tuesday.
A potential DDoS attack on Heroku, the Ruby platform-as-a-service provider now owned by Salesforce.com, is creating availability issues for its customers.
Salesforce.com's announcement Wednesday of plans to buy Heroku, as well as a rebranding of its array of services, makes it clear the vendor wants to be a one-stop shop for developing applications in the cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW