Many companies set up subdomains for use with external services, but then forget to disable them when they stop using those services, creating a loophole for attackers to exploit.
Salesforce.com has made another step toward unifying its family of application development technologies with Salesforce1 Heroku Connect, which synchronizes data between its Force.com platform and Heroku.
Insufficient documentation on how to performance-tune a legacy Ruby on Rails stack led to a highly publicized complaint from one of the largest customers of Salesforce.com's Heroku PaaS (platform-as-a-service), Heroku has acknowledged.
Salesforce.com is "aggressively investigating" a database software error that led to temporary performance problems in part of its infrastructure.
Independent platform-as-a-service providers acknowledge that theirs is a crowded market, especially with big IT vendors like Oracle, Hewlett-Packard and Dell entering as competitors, but they expressed confidence this week that there is room in the m...
Salesforce.com's Heroku division has launched a stand-alone version of its PostgreSQL-based database, giving developers a "battle-tested" way to build applications with the cloud platform of their choosing, the company announced this week.
New Relic is taking its Web application performance service to Java apps running on Heroku's platform.
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff is known as a big thinker and talker, and now he's hoping to be one of Silicon Valley's biggest party hosts, with more than 42,000 people registered so far for the company's annual Dreamforce event this week in San Fra...
Heroku, the platform-as-a-service provider bought last year by Salesforce.com, announced Thursday that it will begin supporting applications written in Java.
StackMob hopes to make it easier for Heroku's customers to extend their applications to mobile phones, by adding its service as a Heroku add-on.
Salesforce.com is ready to help customers turn their businesses into "social enterprises," CEO Marc Benioff said Thursday during the on-demand software vendor's Cloudforce event in Boston.
Salesforce.com has come a long way from its beginnings as an on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor.
Salesforce.com is expanding its presence in Japan with a series of new investments and partnerships, the on-demand software vendor announced Tuesday.
A potential DDoS attack on Heroku, the Ruby platform-as-a-service provider now owned by Salesforce.com, is creating availability issues for its customers.
Salesforce.com's announcement Wednesday of plans to buy Heroku, as well as a rebranding of its array of services, makes it clear the vendor wants to be a one-stop shop for developing applications in the cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW