Hewlett-Packard has given a glimpse of what the company's separation looks like from an internal IT perspective, and not surprisingly, there are some big numbers involved.
A prototype of Hewlett-Packard's futuristic Machine computer will be ready for partners to develop software on by next year, though the finished product is still half a decade away.
Hewlett-Packard is developing new capabilities for its OneView systems management software that it says will allow for automated provisioning of applications across pools of servers and storage.
Server vendors recorded the strongest shipment growth in over four years for the first quarter, mainly driven by continued investments in the hyperscale server infrastructures that power public and private clouds.
Connected cars will mean mobile traffic jams, US wants to ban export of some security tools, exploits...Google planning IoT OS...and more tech news.
Hewlett-Packard has reported another drop in quarterly revenue and profit, with a notable 16 percent slide in its enterprise services business.
Hewlett-Packard has sold a majority stake in its China server and storage business to Tsinghua Holdings as they launch a joint venture they expect will boost sales of HP enterprise hardware products in the country.
HP's PC group doesn't want to be a "screwdriver" PC maker making look-alike laptops and desktops, and it is focusing heavily on design and new innovations as it prepares for a spin-off into a separate company.
Cisco prepares to swap CEO... Google may face more scrutiny in Europe... Vint Cerf doesn't trust back doors... and more tech news
Gamers will be able to overclock and add more horsepower to HP's signature gaming desktop without worrying about invalidating their warranties.
The software that controls wireless networking chipsets made by Realtek Semiconductor contains a critical vulnerability that could allow attackers to compromise home routers.
Hewlett-Packard has closed the door on its partnership with Beats Audio, now owned by Apple, with its first hybrids featuring Bang and Olufsen audio technology.
To protect themselves against cyberattacks, organizations should focus more on training their employees and improving their internal processes instead of buying new technology, according to one tech vendor.
Over 100,000 devices have a misconfigured service called multicast DNS that accepts requests from the Internet and can potentially be abused to amplify distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
Amazon wants you to push its buttons...HP sues former execs for $5 billion...Belgians say Facebook is flouting laws... and more tech news.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: a craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia