Promising more thorough and timelier data analysis, Hewlett-Packard has released a software package that combines the company's Vertica database with its IDOL data analysis platform.
Up Periscope: Twitter answers Meerkat... UN appoints privacy watchdog... Microsoft buys LiveLoop... and more tech news.
Google wants to let you pay bills inside Gmail... Microsoft packages Azure for web, mobile... Dutch utility to try heating with servers... and more tech news.
Enterprises that wish to enjoy the benefits of Cloud computing but still prefer to keep computational resources in-house should take a look at a new Cloud system offered by Hewlett-Packard.
Hewlett-Packard once relied on Beats for audio technology in its PCs and tablets, but that was before Apple acquired it. HP has now found a new audio partner in Bang & Olufsen.
Security researchers who participated in the Pwn2Own hacking contest this week demonstrated remote code execution exploits against the top four browsers, and also hacked the widely used Adobe Reader and Flash Player plug-ins.
Networking hardware and spontaneous applause don't often go together, but Facebook's Omar Baldonado set off a round of cheering this week when he told engineers there's finally an open-source hardware design that they can use to build switches.
Most retailers don't meet card security standards... the inventor of credit default swaps moves into bitcoin... HP embraces open hardware... and more tech news.
The Open Compute Project, which wants to open up hardware the same way Linux opened up software, is starting to tackle its forklift problem.
Hewlett-Packard is bringing significant advances to its laser printers so more prints and savings can be squeezed out of a single cartridge.
Hewlett-Packard is following in the footsteps of Facebook and Microsoft in embracing open hardware designs with its new low-cost Cloudline servers.
The push to virtualize mobile networks is picking up speed at Mobile World Congress this week as carriers and vendors promise new services and faster connections.
Google will sell wireless service... PayPal buys Paydiant for mobile payments... Look out, GoPro: here comes Xiaomi... and more tech news.
Hewlett-Packard will purchase Aruba Networks to boost its wireless networking business, the companies announced Monday.
If you thought HP's impending corporate split would make it slink away from the PC game, you're wrong. If anything, the company's new Spectre x360 laptop, announced on the eve of Mobile World Congress, seems intent on proving HP will be as frisky as ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT