I've never seen a Windows PC boot faster than HP's versatile Spectre X360 hybrid, which has a start time of four seconds.
FCC votes in new U.S. net neutrality rules
Lenovo's website hack points to DNS weakness ... FTC asked to probe Samsung ... Facebook vet starts server analytics biz ... and more tech news
On a hot day in the future, if you go to work and leave your home air conditioning on full blast, your power company may know you're away and turn it down for you.
Hewlett-Packard lowers outlook as struggles continue ... Visa tech could prep Europe for Apple Pay ... Gemalto says encryption keys are safe ... and more tech news
Hewlett-Packard has lowered its financial outlook for the year after another quarter of declining sales and profit.
As HP reports numbers, questions will be on its split ... GOPers on FCC want to delay net neutrality vote ... Google deals for Softcard ... and more tech news.
Hewlett-Packard has devised a way to run programs written in the R statistical programming language against data sets that span more than one server, potentially paving the way for large-scale, real-time predictive analytics.
How much cloud computing does your enterprise application need? Hewlett-Packard has some of the guesswork out of Cloud procurement by adding seven new preconfigured options to its Helion set of cloud services.
Qualcomm pays $975 billion fine in China ... HP buys cloud security company ... Now you can set up a drone no-fly zone ... and more news.
Apple's financials on tap ... IBM says it's not laying off a quarter of its workforce ... Microsoft makes numbers but Windows doesn't help much ... and more
Hewlett-Packard has experimented with augmented reality and 3D image manipulation in recent products, and it intends to bring some of those technologies to tablets and laptops for a more interactive computing experience.
Hewlett-Packard is taking a step to cut the cords from tablets and laptops with its Elite X2 1011 G1, which will be able to connect to displays and send print commands wirelessly.
Hewlett-Packard hopes to bring momentum into the faltering market for large-screen Android tablets with the new Pro Slate 12, which stands out with a rugged 12.3-inch display and its ability to digitize notes from regular paper.
State of the Union address will be heavy on tech ... Will IBM's earnings disappoint, again? ... Twitter picks up ZipDial's call ... and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161103/AP/813Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTBackup Engineer with Commvault ExperienceNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantVIC
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTSenior Business Analyst - General Insurance experience requiredVIC
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD