Apple's next big thing may be a video platform that combines cameras in the next versions of the iPhone and iPad with the giant data center the company's building in North Carolina, an analyst said today.
Nvidia is launching the Ion 2 graphics platform, which could potentially turn netbooks into full-fledged multimedia boxes that can play back high-definition video.
Sony today announced two additions to its 2010 Cyber-shot camera lineup, both of which should be on display at the PMA 2010 show in Anaheim, California, later this week.
Skype users can now make high-definition video calls as long as they have an HD webcam and sufficient bandwidth and processing power, Skype said on Tuesday. The company also announced that HDTVs will ship later this year with its Internet calling sof...
Akamai Technologies is extending its content delivery network to the Apple iPhone as it introduces the Akamai HD Network, a system for streaming high-definition live and on-demand video to a variety of devices.
A prototype device due to be shown in Tokyo Wednesday may give laptop computers a better shot at performing heavy-duty video processing.
Nvidia's Tegra system-on-chip will allow portable devices to play high-definition video for more than 10 hours, an engineer from the company told the Hot Chips conference on Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst / Solutions Design - LogisticsNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCSenior Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity LeadWA
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW