Identifying users who access Tor hidden services -- websites that are only accessible inside the Tor anonymity network -- is easier than de-anonymizing users who use Tor to access regular Internet websites.
The majority of 3G and 4G USB modems offered by mobile operators to their customers have vulnerabilities in their Web-based management interfaces that could be exploited remotely when users visit compromised websites.
When a high-profile public figure living in Hong Kong hired the security company Trustwave to test if its experts could get his passwords, they turned to Facebook.
Facebook was already implementing stronger security controls when the U.S. National Security Agency's expansive surveillance program was revealed in June, its chief security officer said Thursday.
A close look at Apple's iMessage system shows the company could easily intercept communications on the service despite its assurances to the contrary, researchers claimed Thursday at a security conference.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC