Identifying users who access Tor hidden services -- websites that are only accessible inside the Tor anonymity network -- is easier than de-anonymizing users who use Tor to access regular Internet websites.
The majority of 3G and 4G USB modems offered by mobile operators to their customers have vulnerabilities in their Web-based management interfaces that could be exploited remotely when users visit compromised websites.
When a high-profile public figure living in Hong Kong hired the security company Trustwave to test if its experts could get his passwords, they turned to Facebook.
Facebook was already implementing stronger security controls when the U.S. National Security Agency's expansive surveillance program was revealed in June, its chief security officer said Thursday.
A close look at Apple's iMessage system shows the company could easily intercept communications on the service despite its assurances to the contrary, researchers claimed Thursday at a security conference.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW