Microsoft's Bing search engine is on the rise, while Google's still-dominant market share has dropped to about two-thirds of all U.S. searches, according to new data from Experian Hitwise.
Google had a good month in September, with its search share gaining and rivals Yahoo and Microsoft Bing taking a hit.
Apple ranks fourth in the latest UK Experian Hitwise Hot 100 E-Retailer list, ahead of PC makers such as Dell and HP and even UK retail giant Tesco.
Google accomplished a notable feat in May, according to Web usage measurement company Hitwise: It grew its already dominant share of search queries in the U.S.
Not only will the World Cup dominate our TV screens for the next month, it's also set to dominate our web surfing, says Hitwise.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCSystem EngineerVIC