In case you missed it, HP overnight launched three new devices based on Palm's webOS platform; a TouchPad tablet, a Pre 3 smartphone and a compact Veer smartphone. Sadly, none of these slick looking products are ever likely to make it down under.
HP is another in the long line of technology vendors launching a tablet in 2011, and like any hot product, what would it be without leaks a few weeks before its official launch?
HP's purchase of Palm could not only save webOS, but should also cause a few shivers for Microsoft.
Hewlett-Packard plans to buy struggling phone maker Palm for US$1.2 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia