Hewlett-Packard's first-quarter profit increased by 28 percent from a year earlier as growth returned to some of its core businesses, prompting the company to raise its forecast for the fiscal year.
Hewlett-Packard's first-quarter profit increased by 28 percent from a year earlier as growth returned to some of its core businesses, prompting the company to raise its forecast again for the fiscal year.
Hewlett-Packard Co. today upgraded to its entry-level modular storage array, and added network failover features to its midrange array via its SAN/iQ SAN clustering software.
Hewlett-Packard's first smartbook, the Compaq AirLife 100, announced on Friday, could be a rival to Apple's iPad as the two companies aim to attract buyers looking for netbook alternatives, analysts said.
Hewlett-Packard has launched the Compaq AirLife 100, a smartbook based on the Android OS and Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor, it said on Friday.
The European Commission has approved Hewlett-Packard's US$2.7 billion takeover of 3Com without attaching conditions, the Commission announced on Friday.
Dell acquired security vendor Kace Networks, a systems management appliance company, for an undisclosed amount on Thursday.
From the outside, Hewlett-Packard's newest data center looks like a massive, well-secured loading dock, devoid of logos and surrounded by a robust barbed-wired fence in a nondescript industrial park.
The announcement of high-end servers by IBM and Hewlett-Packard this week won't halt declining Unix server sales as the onslaught of x86 servers continues, analysts said on Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard has released a smaller version of its portable data center, this time based on a standard 20-foot shipping container, half the size of its first model.
Hewlett-Packard, reigning inkjet giant, has partnered with Stratasys, a leading manufacturer of rapid prototyping machines, to bring 3D "printing" of solid objects to the desktop.The HP-Stratasys models have been described as small enough to sit on a...
Don't you hate the smudges you get on your phone, or iPod whenever you touch the screen? Would you pay $100,000 to make them go away? HP thinks you might, if you're a large company or organization. That's why they've created the Wall of Touch, a giga...
HP announced today that certain configurations of its Envy 15 laptops will come equipped with the new USB 3.0 spec. This makes HP one of the first computer companies to offer the incredibly fast technology on their machines.
Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard have agreed to invest together to prepare customers for "the next generation of business computing," the companies' CEOs plan to announce later Wednesday in a joint teleconference.
Worldwide PC shipments soared during the fourth quarter, driven by historically low PC prices and an increased demand for laptops and netbooks, analyst firm IDC said Wednesday
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Managed Services ExpVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW