Hewlett-Packard, reigning inkjet giant, has partnered with Stratasys, a leading manufacturer of rapid prototyping machines, to bring 3D "printing" of solid objects to the desktop.The HP-Stratasys models have been described as small enough to sit on a...
Don't you hate the smudges you get on your phone, or iPod whenever you touch the screen? Would you pay $100,000 to make them go away? HP thinks you might, if you're a large company or organization. That's why they've created the Wall of Touch, a giga...
HP announced today that certain configurations of its Envy 15 laptops will come equipped with the new USB 3.0 spec. This makes HP one of the first computer companies to offer the incredibly fast technology on their machines.
Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard have agreed to invest together to prepare customers for "the next generation of business computing," the companies' CEOs plan to announce later Wednesday in a joint teleconference.
Worldwide PC shipments soared during the fourth quarter, driven by historically low PC prices and an increased demand for laptops and netbooks, analyst firm IDC said Wednesday
Hewlett-Packard and Microsoft will invest US$250 million over three years on a product integration strategy meant to "significantly simplify" technology deployments for companies of all sizes, they said Wednesday.
IBM garnered 4914 U.S. patents in 2009, setting an all-time high for Big Blue and maintaining its lead against competitors such as Samsung with 3611 patents and Microsoft with 2906.
Cisco acquired more start-ups than any other corporation over the past decade, in a list dominated by IT vendors such as IBM, Microsoft, EMC and Oracle.
A prototype of HP's rumored touchscreen tablet PC made a brief appearance at Steve Ballmer's keynote presentation at CES. The tablet, which hasn't yet been named, will run Windows 7 and hit the market later this year.
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday revamped its line of Mini netbooks, also introducing its first model with a touchscreen that supports multitouch finger input.
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday said it has added USB 3.0 ports to its latest laptops that could boost data transfers between computers and devices such as storage drives and digital cameras.
Intel unveiled a trio of new Atom processors and a new chipset today. The new Intel chips will enable hardware vendors to create smaller, cooler, more power efficient netbooks and nettops (the desktop equivalent of a netbook).
In the last couple of newsletters we discussed some of the long-standing concepts that underlie cloud computing. We also discussed a few somewhat newer concepts, such as the dynamic movement of virtual machines (VM). In this newsletter we will discus...
HP Wednesday announced products it says will help enterprise IT and service providers ease the adoption of internal cloud computing setups as well as public cloud services.
Hewlett-Packard hopes to do the same thing with storage that it did with servers, leveraging years of system-building experience and economies of scale, by blurring the distinction between servers and storage.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
- Google wants to bring smart tools to Raspberry Pi-like boards
- How to create and restore an image backup in Windows 10
- China goes after unauthorized VPN access from local ISPs
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD