During the first 10 months of this year, 1.2 million tablet computers were sold in the US and none of them were iPads.
A little birdie (The Verge) revealed earlier today that HP's new CEO Meg Whitman had scheduled an all-hands meeting for the WebOS crew. The news sparked speculation that HP had perhaps found a suitor for the mobile platform, but those predictions tur...
Between the popularity of Apple's iPad and the looming threat of Amazon's Kindle Fire, times are tough for other tablet makers. But their loss is your gain, as retailers have resorted to offering deep discounts on tablets that were, in all honesty, n...
Established vendors and startups last week announced products and services for network intrusion-detection and outsourced security management.
HP today unveiled "Secure Boardroom," an online portal where the corporate CEO, CIO and risk officer can be presented with a view of technical and business information related to operational security.
The future of Hewlett-Packard's PC business may be a bit cloudy, but that's not stopping the industry leader from forging ahead with new consumer products. The world's largest computer-maker has announced an upgrade and price drop to the very popular...
HP management has not been good to the company over the last few years. One would have to do a lot of searching to find a management team that has so thoroughly messed up in the court of public opinion.
More TouchPads are on the way but HP is not resurrecting the TouchPad.
Everyone who’s been grabbing the $99 and $149 HP TouchPads in the recent fire sale might not be stuck with HP's webOS.
Perhaps you've heard that the HP TouchPad tablet has suffered an untimely demise? There are a lot of lessons that rival tablet vendors can learn from the death of the TouchPad (and the feeding frenzy it created in its wake). More importantly, though,...
Consumers are going absolutely crazy for HP's touchpad thanks to the recent fire sale pricing of $99. The tablet sells out at stores across the country faster than stores can pull them off the trucks. On eBay, the tablets are being sold for upwards o...
If you're still looking for a Hewlett-Packard TouchPad at the fire sale price of $99, you still have a few more places to look. But is it worth the effort? After all, HP's decision to stop making WebOS hardware puts the platform in jeopardy, so you m...
The TouchPad may be DOA thanks to HP's recent decision to drop WebOS but you wouldn't know it from the prices the tablet fetches on eBay. After fire sales over the weekend dropped the price of the entry level 16gb TouchPad model down to $99, demand f...
Hewlett-Packard may be giving up on making webOS devices such as the Pre 3 and Veer smartphones and TouchPad tablet, but executives at the company say committed to developing its mobile platform. HP appears convinced it can wring some value from the ...
Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, and Best Buy are facing a backlash from wannabe HP TouchPad buyers after each of the retailers oversold their supplies of the WebOS-based tablets. B&N is facing the brunt of angry customers with many disgruntled TouchPad b...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCWorkbrain Functional ExpertQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTProject ManagerOther
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC