HP’s 13-inch laptop/tablet hybrid is a strong concept, but the execution could be better.
A well designed keyboard dock and decent performance, but too many significant flaws to recommend
HP’s latest 15-inch ENVY laptop instils anything but.
HP's Envy 17 is a desktop replacement with plenty of speed under the hood, uses fourth-gen Core i7
The HP Slate 7 is let down by an extremely ordinary display and questionable performance
Stacks of built-in features, fast performance and a good support plan make this a worthy business machine
This business Ultrabook is one of the best looking and most comfortable units on the market, also among the most expensive
This is a Windows 8 tablet for business users that's thin and light, and designed to be flexible via optional dongles and Jackets
The Envy X2 is a two-in-one product: it can be used as a tablet or as a notebook thanks to the supplied dock
The Envy Touchsmart 4 has a 14in touchscreen, but it's a heavy Ultrabook and it could use a better configuration
HP Officejet 100 review: This battery-powered printer includes Bluetooth
HP TouchSmart 610-1030a review: A touchscreen PC with great specifications and an excellent design
HP LaserJet CP1525nw review: A colour laser printer with Wi-Fi
Palm Pre 2 review: The Palm Pre 2 has outdated hardware compared to its rivals, but webOS' handling of multitasking and notifications is excellent
HP Veer preview: The HP Veer is a tiny smartphone with impressive specifications
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCIT Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW