Oracle on Monday enhanced its cloud-based human resources offering with a suite of "work-life" applications.
Good programmers are notoriously hard to find, but HackerRank thinks it has the answer. A fresh cash infusion suggests it may be on to something.
Roughly 40 percent of U.S. employees now work remotely at least part of the time, and the jobs site FlexJobs has launched a website dedicated to helping employers navigate the resulting challenges.
Workday has long been known for its financial and HR software, and on Tuesday it rolled out a new enterprise offering that spans both areas with a focus on planning, budgeting and forecasting.
CareerBuilder has long been known primarily for its namesake jobs-listing site, but on Wednesday the company launched a new recruitment platform that's aimed squarely at enterprise HR departments.
Specialized analytics tools are increasingly being included in software packages for virtually every part of the enterprise, and Gild wants to make sure that HR is no exception.
If there are any overriding trends at work in the enterprise-software market today, consumerization and mobile would have to be among the biggest. Vendors large and small have been racing to add such features to their products, and Thursday brought a...
Anyone who's ever worked in professional services knows that the focus there on people and billable projects can open up a world of specialized requirements from any supporting business software. With that very distinction in mind, Workday on Thursda...
Workday is expanding its move into analytics with a series of specialized, predictive applications designed to help staff in HR and financial management roles retain top workers and make more accurate forecasts.
Workday has made good on a promise it issued a year ago with the release Thursday of Workday Student Recruiting, the first in a series of apps it's developing for higher education institutions.
Workday is expanding its competitive assault against Oracle and SAP with the general availability of Workday Recruiting, an application for finding the most qualified internal and external job candidates.
SAP is boosting its human resources software portfolio with the acquisition of Fieldglass, maker of a system for finding and managing temporary workers and services. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close in the second quarter, were not disclo...
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison relied on a time-tested bromide to sell a conference crowd on the vendor's array of HCM (human capital management) applications on Thursday.
Modern business applications need a social network at their core and should be so easy to use that even a CEO can figure them out.
IBM has created a cloud-hosted software suite designed for automating and improving human resources tasks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW