The HSA Foundation has released a new specification that could help run programs faster across devices with different configurations, which should make it easier to export games and applications from gaming consoles to PCs and smartphones.
Industry consortium HSA Foundation intends to bring native support for parallel acceleration in Java virtual machines, which would make it easier to tap into multiple processors like graphics processors to speed up code execution.
Programming for multicore systems can be complex, so an industry consortium led by Advanced Micro Devices has taken a step ahead in its goal to eliminate development challenges so applications are portable across devices, architectures and operating ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC