The iPhone 5 has been named the slowest of the seven most popular smartphones, in an incendiary new group test article by Which? magazine.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to investigate HTC for patent infringement based on a complaint Nokia filed in May that targets several phones from the Taiwanese handset maker, including the HTC One.
Just as smartphone manufacturer HTC was beginning to claw back some market share with its refreshed HTC One line, two former company executives have announced the launch of a new mobile brand called Kazam, which they claim will "disrupt the status qu...
Taiwan's HTC has unveiled an updated version of its 5-inch Butterfly smartphone that comes equipped with a bigger battery, more powerful processor and the company's BlinkFeed homescreen.
HTC is set to bring back its Desire brand to the smartphone market, following a video of an upcoming device being published by Vietnamese blog TheGioididong.com.
In Yangon, Myanmar, giant Samsung billboards hang overhead as dozens of handset shops line the crowded city streets and advertise the latest smartphones. Just a few years ago, you wouldn't have seen such a sight, said Soe Nyi Nyi, a local tech entrep...
Rejoice, Samsung and HTC Android phones owners: Google has made the stock Android keyboard available as a standalone app in Google Play. And the app includes gestures and voice typing.
Sony is preparing to launch a Google Edition of its flagship Xperia Z smartphone. The flagship smartphone would come with a stock version of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean instead of Sony's own user interface overlay.
Apple's lead over Samsung at the top of the US smartphone market has stretched still further, with new figures showing both companies growing their share but Apple doing so faster.
iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S are more popular than Samsung in the UK. Plus: Apple has 500m registered users, makes $1b/year from App Store
A new version of the HTC One smartphone will launch with a 'Nexus Experience', a stock Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Google Edition.
HTC has cancelled plans to develop a larger Windows RT tablet because demand for tablets based on the Microsoft operating system has been weak.
HTC has shipped five million of its flagship One smartphones globally, according to an unnamed executive quoted by The Wall Street Journal.
Nokia is targeting HTC's latest slate of smartphones, including the HTC One, with new legal action in the U.S. that demands the Taiwanese company cease the alleged patent infringement.
The HTC First, also known as "the Facebook phone" thanks to its Facebook Home integration, is looking more and more like a flop.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Arduino targets the Internet of Things with Primo board
- Afraid of floods and hackers? Put your data in space.
- Salesforce brings cross-channel service a step closer with new 'Snap-ins'
- US government agencies are still using Windows 3.1, floppy disks and 1970s computers
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT