HTC plans to introduce a series of mid-tier and entry-level smartphones later this year as a way to regain market share, after posting disappointing financial results in the second quarter.
Taking a look at IDC's smartphone numbers, one thing is clear--success currently comes to those making iPhones and Android devices. IDC's top five smartphone vendors included either Apple or smartphone makers focused on Android.
Apple is reportedly testing a new iPad with a 13-inch screen and larger displays for the iPhone.
HTC has finally unveiled its much-rumored "HTC One mini" handset, and will bring the compact version of its flagship smartphone to select markets as soon as August.
We've seen the HTC One and the HTC One with a Nexus experience, and now it's time for a stripped down version of HTC's flagship phone with the HTC One Mini.
HTC's much rumoured One mini smartphone has been leaked in more photos with a full specification, plus the firm has hinted at the device with an infographic.
Google quickly addressed a mega flaw in its Android mobile operating system after security researchers brought it to the company's attention earlier this month, but those fixes appear to be slow in reaching handset owners.
HTC's second quarter net profit plummeted 83 per cent year-on-year as sales of the company's latest flagship handset failed to meet expectations.
The iPhone 5 has been named the slowest of the seven most popular smartphones, in an incendiary new group test article by Which? magazine.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to investigate HTC for patent infringement based on a complaint Nokia filed in May that targets several phones from the Taiwanese handset maker, including the HTC One.
Just as smartphone manufacturer HTC was beginning to claw back some market share with its refreshed HTC One line, two former company executives have announced the launch of a new mobile brand called Kazam, which they claim will "disrupt the status qu...
Taiwan's HTC has unveiled an updated version of its 5-inch Butterfly smartphone that comes equipped with a bigger battery, more powerful processor and the company's BlinkFeed homescreen.
HTC is set to bring back its Desire brand to the smartphone market, following a video of an upcoming device being published by Vietnamese blog TheGioididong.com.
In Yangon, Myanmar, giant Samsung billboards hang overhead as dozens of handset shops line the crowded city streets and advertise the latest smartphones. Just a few years ago, you wouldn't have seen such a sight, said Soe Nyi Nyi, a local tech entrep...
Rejoice, Samsung and HTC Android phones owners: Google has made the stock Android keyboard available as a standalone app in Google Play. And the app includes gestures and voice typing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- TPSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution DesignerVIC