In Yangon, Myanmar, giant Samsung billboards hang overhead as dozens of handset shops line the crowded city streets and advertise the latest smartphones. Just a few years ago, you wouldn't have seen such a sight, said Soe Nyi Nyi, a local tech entrep...
Rejoice, Samsung and HTC Android phones owners: Google has made the stock Android keyboard available as a standalone app in Google Play. And the app includes gestures and voice typing.
Sony is preparing to launch a Google Edition of its flagship Xperia Z smartphone. The flagship smartphone would come with a stock version of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean instead of Sony's own user interface overlay.
Apple's lead over Samsung at the top of the US smartphone market has stretched still further, with new figures showing both companies growing their share but Apple doing so faster.
iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S are more popular than Samsung in the UK. Plus: Apple has 500m registered users, makes $1b/year from App Store
A new version of the HTC One smartphone will launch with a 'Nexus Experience', a stock Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Google Edition.
HTC has cancelled plans to develop a larger Windows RT tablet because demand for tablets based on the Microsoft operating system has been weak.
HTC has shipped five million of its flagship One smartphones globally, according to an unnamed executive quoted by The Wall Street Journal.
Nokia is targeting HTC's latest slate of smartphones, including the HTC One, with new legal action in the U.S. that demands the Taiwanese company cease the alleged patent infringement.
The HTC First, also known as "the Facebook phone" thanks to its Facebook Home integration, is looking more and more like a flop.
Facebook Home's ratings may be lukewarm, but the social network interface is spreading to more smartphones. Home for Android is now available on the flagship HTC One and unofficially it works with Samsung's Galaxy S4.
It turns out that not everyone wants Facebook to be the centerpiece of their smartphone. The "Facebook-enhanced" HTC First was released little more than a month ago and already it's selling for less than a pack of gum.
Last night in New York, LG unveiled their new monster LG Optimus G Pro. The 5.5-inch monster with a 1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS display will be launching on AT&T on May 10 and will be available for $199, with pre-orders will begin May 3.
HTC's long rumoured M4 smartphone will be a mid-range mini version of the HTC One.
NASA has launched three Google-HTC Nexus One smartphones into space in what scientists hope will be the lowest-cost satellites ever tested.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC