Apple, Research in Motion (RIM) and Motorola Mobility are among 15 companies sued in the U.S. over a fundamental 3G and 4G patent on determining when devices should switch cells in a mobile network.
Samsung is set to become the biggest mobile phone maker in the world this year eclipsing Nokia, which has held the title for 14 straight years.
WiLan, a Canadian patent licensing firm, has filed a round of new patent infringement lawsuits against Research in Motion, Apple, HTC and Sierra Wireless.
Is HTC going to turn its recent run of strong releases into meaningful, long-term pressure on Android market leader Samsung? It's certainly starting to look that way, thanks to a new burst of rumors about the Taiwanese company's possible M7 flagship ...
A patent agreement between Apple and HTC forbids the Taiwanese company from making and selling mobile devices that copy what is described as the 'Distinctive Apple User Experience," according to a redacted version of the agreement filed in a Californ...
Vodafone has announced pricing details for two new Windows Phone 8 devices -- the HTC Windows Phone 8X and the Nokia Lumia 820 -- and will begin selling the new phones from today.
Apple's patent license agreement with HTC will not be put entirely under seal, except for the pricing and royalty terms, a court in California ordered in a patent infringement lawsuit between Samsung Electronics and Apple.
Microsoft plans to issue an over-the-air fix next month for a problem that has caused some Windows Phone 8 handsets to reboot themselves unexpectedly.
A court in California has ordered Apple to produce without delay an unredacted version of its recent patent agreement with HTC, after Samsung Electronics said the agreement was relevant to its patent infringement dispute with Apple.
Hundreds of early users of two Windows Phone 8 smartphones have complained of recurring and random reboots on Nokia's Lumia 920 and the HTC 8X smartphones.
Samsung Electronics asked a court in California to compel Apple to produce a copy of its settlement and patent license agreement with HTC, claiming the document is relevant to its own patent dispute with Apple.
HTC and Verizon Wireless on Tuesday announced the Droid DNA smartphone, which comes with Android 4.1 and a 5-inch high-definition display that the company said is the most advanced in the market today.
Analysts say HTC still faces an uphill battle to rebuild its smartphone business amid heated competition, despite reaching a deal with Apple to settle their patent disputes.
Apple and Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC have settled all of their outstanding patent disputes.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - EDRMS ProjectQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC