Virtual reality is finally real, but which VR headset is the best for you? We compare the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
HTC clearly took some design inspiration from the Nexus 6P, building its own camera visor on the back.
Globally, the biggest search spikes were for breaking news and entertainment. But nerds like us searched for gadgets, gadgets, and more gadgets.
Struggling HTC is looking to win back burned customers with the prompt unveiling of the One A9, a revised flagship that follows the disappointing M9 seven months later.
The leak comes just ahead of an HTC event to show off its newest phone, planned for Oct. 20.
We don't know how much it'll cost or whether people will buy it, but that doesn't mean it's not the best. We go hands-on with the HTC Vive a second time.
The images suggest a new smartphone that looks eerily similar to an iPhone 6.
Staff cuts at Lenovo and HTC, a failed patch from Google, and Samsung's latest flagship smartphones all highlight how tricky selling Android smartphones has become.
Struggling HTC is cutting 15 per cent of its work force in an attempt to cut costs and revive its ailing smartphone business.
The financial future of smartphone maker HTC appears dire, analysts say, even as the company has remained upbeat.
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
Continuing to struggle in the smartphone industry, HTC is hoping its upcoming products in virtual reality and wearables can pull in some sales.
HTC is on track to release a consumer version of its Vive virtual reality headset by the end of the year, with device details coming in October.
Windows Phone isn't going away.
Apple sells about 20 percent of the world's smartphones and makes 92 percent of the industry's profit, a staggering imbalance that reflects the premium prices Cupertino can ask for its phones compared to competitors like HTC and Samsung.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT