The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
HTC posted a year-over-year gain in net profit for the second quarter, following the release of the company's latest flagship phone, and new low-end handsets coming to China.
If Apple were to launch a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 later this year it would be beneficial to both the vendor and the wider ‘phablet’ market, according to Telsyte.
The battle between shrunken flagship smartphones is heating up with the arrival of the Galaxy S5 mini, which will go head-to-head with HTC's One mini 2.
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
Android devices running Java applications do not infringe on patents belonging to SIM card maker Gemalto, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled.
Years of investment has gone into the development of the LG G3. It started with LG pulling out of the flagship race and realigning its business units before it could return to the drawing board. Now the company has put forward its best technologies...
Optus has signed yet another smartphone exclusively with the LG F70 following the carrier’s recent deal with HTC.
Prevalent throughout the Desire 816 is the sense HTC is trying to push its dollar - and not the technology - as far as possible. This is a value-for-money smartphone designed for the masses, but at no stage does the smartphone feel cheap.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
Electronics giant LG has leap-frogged smartphones from Samsung, Sony and HTC with the unveiling of the 5.5in, 1440p G3.
LG has outed its upcoming G3 handset in a promotional video intended to showcase its ‘QuickCircle’ functionality. The official image corroborates a slew of recent G3 leaks.
HTC is hoping its range of One smartphones will appeal to a wider market with the unveiling of its Mini 2 smartphone last night.
HTC is hoping the design and the ability to take high-resolution selfies with a 5-megapixel front camera will make its One Mini 2 a hit.
HTC's 130MB software update to the One (M8) smartphone delivers additional improvements to the One’s connectivity, call audio performance and camera, but the most valuable inclusion is the long promised 'extreme power saving mode'.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCProject Manager - EDRMS ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC