Is HTML5 the Holy Grail for building next-generation Web applications?
With upgrades to its GWT (Google Web Toolkit) and Google Plugin for Eclipse released on Tuesday, Google is backing more HTML5 functionality and enabling improved access to Google services for developers who use the Eclipse IDE.
Mobile and cloud computing are beginning to change the way that developers work at enterprise-level and smaller businesses, according to a report released this week by Forrester Research.
The Eclipse Foundation is offering on Monday beta access to a hosted version of the organization's planned Orion platform for building and integrating Web development tools.
The changes and enhancements to the form tags are some of the most extensive amendments to the HTML5 standard, offering a wide variety of options that once required add-on libraries and a fair amount of tweaking. All of the hard work that went into b...
There's been lots written about the politics and process of the emerging HTML5 specification, but what working Web developers primarily want to know is: What can I do with HTML5, and when can I start using it? The good news is that there's a lot you ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTJunior Business AnalystWA
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA