Staff cuts at Lenovo and HTC, a failed patch from Google, and Samsung's latest flagship smartphones all highlight how tricky selling Android smartphones has become.
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
Google's started a car company...Samsung puts $85 million into cancer-victim fund...Apple explores offering phone service...and more tech news.
Huawei Technologies' shift to selling high-end smartphones is paying off. The more expensive devices helped almost double the company's handset revenue in this year's first half.
Chinese networking giant Huawei has bought the software-defined networking (SDN) division of Irish telecom software maker Amartus.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- FTService Management Analyst (Part-Time)SA
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC