Huawei has increased its investment in the nascent wearable market by unveiling three devices at the Mobile World Congress (MWC).
Vodafone’s latest defence against home broadband is a “Wi-Fi Cube” capable of connecting 32 devices to its 4G network.
China’s Oppo has broken into Australian retail stores after forging a partnership with Allphones.
Huawei has launched a premium phablet that radically undercuts its rivals on price as it tries to grow its stake in the technologically savvy Australian market.
Huawei Technologies is hoping to steal market share from Samsung's Galaxy Note family with the Ascend Mate7, which has a metal body, 6-inch full HD screen and a battery that has almost 30 percent more capacity than what the Note 4 offers.
Xiaomi may have been crowned the number one smartphone vendor in China, but it is Oppo who is expanding into the western world with an Australian launch scheduled within the fortnight.
Huawei is releasing its vision of a market leading smartphone, the Ascend P7, and based on its spec list, it’ll rival smartphones such as the Galaxy S5 while undercutting it on price.
If Apple were to launch a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 later this year it would be beneficial to both the vendor and the wider ‘phablet’ market, according to Telsyte.
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
China is propping up its local chip manufacturing industry with new policies and financial support intended to turn the country into a semiconductor-making powerhouse by 2030.
Wireless carriers in the U.S., handset makers and the industry's lobbying group have made a significant concession on technology that could remotely disable stolen smartphones and tablets.
The U.S. National Security Agency has hacked into Huawei Technologies servers, spied on communications of company executives and collected information to plant so-called backdoors on equipment from the Chinese networking manufacturer, according to re...
Optus has reported that its Sydney- and Newcastle-based live network test sites recorded an aggregate throughput maximum of 2.3 gigabits per second (Gbps).
Chinese telecommunications company Huawei has taken the wraps off a premium 7in Android ‘phablet’ that could serve as a genuine alternative to Samsung’s Galaxy Note series. The company unveiled the 7in MediaPad X1 at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) i...
Huawei’s MediaPad M1 is an 8in tablet that has a body made from aviation aluminum metal. Its IPS screen has a 800x1280 resolution, is bordered by a thick black bezel and it features front-facing speakers. .
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT