Less than a year after getting a major overhaul, NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has snapped panoramic, full-color images that let astronomers peer more than 13 billion years back into cosmic history.
A space telescope that was launched in May has already begun to collect light left over from the Big Bang that created the universe.
Gearing up for their fifth and final spacewalk today, the crew of the space shuttle Atlantis hoped to install the last set of batteries and a sensor that should help the Hubble Space Telescope point at its celestial targets.
The fourth spacewalk of the mission to repair and update the Hubble Space Telescope is under way, with astronauts working to bring back to life a key instrument that has been down for the last five years.
During a 7-hour-and-20-minute spacewalk today, NASA astronauts gave the Hubble Space Telescope a new backup computer to replace the onboard system that had to be put into use after a technical failure last fall.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC