Less than a year after getting a major overhaul, NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has snapped panoramic, full-color images that let astronomers peer more than 13 billion years back into cosmic history.
A space telescope that was launched in May has already begun to collect light left over from the Big Bang that created the universe.
Gearing up for their fifth and final spacewalk today, the crew of the space shuttle Atlantis hoped to install the last set of batteries and a sensor that should help the Hubble Space Telescope point at its celestial targets.
The fourth spacewalk of the mission to repair and update the Hubble Space Telescope is under way, with astronauts working to bring back to life a key instrument that has been down for the last five years.
During a 7-hour-and-20-minute spacewalk today, NASA astronauts gave the Hubble Space Telescope a new backup computer to replace the onboard system that had to be put into use after a technical failure last fall.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
- Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems ArchitectACT
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW