These seven IBM Watson-powered apps are transforming the way work is done in industries ranging from healthcare and travel to entertainment and oil & gas.
IBM in pictures
Desktop PCs may be yesterday's technology, but that doesn't mean they can't be slicker than the latest smartphones.
With big layoffs rumored to be close on the horizon, IBM is going to need to use another regeneration.
What did IBM do to celebrate the mainframe’s 51st birthday? Reinvented the Big Iron basically.
In Minnesota, GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump added IBM to the list of companies he criticizes for moving jobs offshore.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has once again taken IBM to task over its role in the 2016 Census website outage.
There's a new data expert making a name for himself in the corporate world today, and he's impressing a lot of people.
What goes into making a computer understand the world through senses, learning and experience, as IBM says Watson does? First and foremost, tons and tons of data.
IBM may have originally built Watson to win at Jeopardy, but it saw potential applications in healthcare early on.
The FAA today released new regulations for the low-altitude operation of commercial small unmanned aircraft, which has the potential to unlock a wave of new data and business models built on that data.
IBM’s new partnership with Microsoft nearly mirrors a deal the enterprise giant struck with Apple in 2014. But that’s where the similarities end.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
When Google Apps arrived in 2006, it stood on the cutting edge of Web-hosted email and collaboration suites for businesses, a bold pioneer clearing a path in the new, wild frontier of enterprise Cloud computing.
Whitepapers about IBM
By taking advantage of ready-to- use virtual services and environments, you can significantly expedite new projects, reduce dependency on IT teams and create an environment for business agility. •Executives often employ business process management (BPM), to enhance agility •BPM uses software and services to identify, document, automate and continuously improve business processes •Address customer and IT-related challenges more effectively and help transform your enterprise to a BPM-focused, globally integrated organisation
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD