These seven IBM Watson-powered apps are transforming the way work is done in industries ranging from healthcare and travel to entertainment and oil & gas.
IBM in pictures
Desktop PCs may be yesterday's technology, but that doesn't mean they can't be slicker than the latest smartphones.
With big layoffs rumored to be close on the horizon, IBM is going to need to use another regeneration.
What did IBM do to celebrate the mainframe’s 51st birthday? Reinvented the Big Iron basically.
Microsoft says its Surface devices generate about US$1 billion in revenue every quarter, and hopes to raise that number by putting the devices on more corporate desktops.
Watson might schedule your meetings someday if a partnership between IBM and Cisco Systems bears the fruit they’re hoping to grow. In the meantime, the companies hope to save employees from some of the meaningless tasks they have to carry out just to...
Remaining agile is one of the biggest challenges facing CIOs today, says Westpac Group tech chief Dave Curran.
The technology industry's e-waste problem isn't expected to go away anytime soon, but IBM just made a discovery that could help.
IBM has many goals with its upcoming Power9 chip, and one is to challenge the dominance of Intel's x86 chips in the data center.
IBM’s new partnership with Microsoft nearly mirrors a deal the enterprise giant struck with Apple in 2014. But that’s where the similarities end.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
When Google Apps arrived in 2006, it stood on the cutting edge of Web-hosted email and collaboration suites for businesses, a bold pioneer clearing a path in the new, wild frontier of enterprise Cloud computing.
SAP is set to release its second-quarter results on Thursday, and as usual market watchers will be paying close attention given the vendor's bellwether status within the enterprise software market.
Whitepapers about IBM
By taking advantage of ready-to- use virtual services and environments, you can significantly expedite new projects, reduce dependency on IT teams and create an environment for business agility. •Executives often employ business process management (BPM), to enhance agility •BPM uses software and services to identify, document, automate and continuously improve business processes •Address customer and IT-related challenges more effectively and help transform your enterprise to a BPM-focused, globally integrated organisation
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
- Google lets third parties extend its productivity software on Android
- Long-running malvertising campaign infected thousands of computers per day
- Google beefs Linux up kernel defenses in Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW