IBM’s new partnership with Microsoft nearly mirrors a deal the enterprise giant struck with Apple in 2014. But that’s where the similarities end.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
When Google Apps arrived in 2006, it stood on the cutting edge of Web-hosted email and collaboration suites for businesses, a bold pioneer clearing a path in the new, wild frontier of enterprise Cloud computing.
SAP is set to release its second-quarter results on Thursday, and as usual market watchers will be paying close attention given the vendor's bellwether status within the enterprise software market.
Salesforce.com's pending US$2.5 billion purchase of marketing software vendor ExactTarget will help it develop a new $1 billion annual revenue stream and set the company on a clear strategic course for the foreseeable future, according to Salesforce....
SAP's Sapphire conference kicks off next week in Orlando, setting the stage for the company to sell customers on its visions for cloud-based applications, in-memory computing and mobility.
BMC has agreed to be acquired by a private investment consortium headed by Bain Capital and Golden Capital, in a deal worth about $US6.9 billion.
Unused intranets. Siloed departmental portals. Excessive email use.
Oracle surprised many tech industry observers by announcing Thursday it would pay US$871 million for marketing automation software vendor Eloqua. The move seemed a bit unlikely given the amount of sales and marketing software Oracle already had.
The end of each year sparks an occasion for rumination on the past, as well as a longing gaze into the future. We shined up our crystal ball, rubbed our chin for a while, and sought opinions from industry analysts on what the future holds for the ent...
Sure, plenty of enterprise software projects go just fine and end up giving customers all the things vendors promise: lower operating costs, streamlined operations and happier users.
When IBM released its first personal computer, the 5150, 30 years ago, it was deliberately drab--black, gray, and low-key. That's because IBM intended the 5150 to be a serious machine for people doing serious work.
IBM's new mainframe is on display at this week's SHARE conference in Boston, a testament to the relevancy of the big iron in today's enterprise IT environments. Amid the excitement over IBM's mainframe makeover, however, IT pros are concerned about t...
Kristine Harper and her father, Tom, both work on mainframe computers. BOSTON - Kristine Harper was about 12-years-old when her father took her to his office to take part of a "take your daughter to work day." Tom Harper said his daughter was less t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC