Data is what makes today's business world go 'round, and IBM on Thursday launched a suite of new tools designed to help companies make the most of what they've got.
Internet of Things startup Wi-Next will add IBM analytics to its systems for industrial quality control and predictive maintenance.
A few years ago, you wouldn't have bet on IBM Power systems having much of a future. But a new strategy to embrace Linux and open up the platform is starting to pay off.
Executives come and go at any large organization, but when the company in question is IBM -- and when it loses three high-ranking executives in a single month -- it's only natural to wonder what's going on.
When IBM and Apple forged their partnership last year to bring new mobile apps to the corporate world, their promise of bringing 100 such apps to market by the end of 2015 was widely considered an ambitious goal. Sure enough, though, it now looks lik...
IBM's Watson has been pushing ever further into the business world in recent months, and now it's helping online merchants analyse performance and make better merchandising decisions.
A languishing software upgrade project at Deutsche Post DHL Group has forced the German mail and courier company to take a write-off of €345 million, but software provider SAP is taking pains to make it clear that it's not to blame.
Back in January IBM announced Identity Mixer, a new technology for protecting users' personal data during authentication. On Friday, it announced that the technology is now available to developers on its Bluemix cloud platform.
Gene M. Amdahl, chief architect of IBM's System/360 mainframe and later the creator of the IBM plug-compatible mainframe vendor that bore his name, has died aged 92.
IBM on Tuesday bought Gravitant, a maker of brokerage software designed ease the purchase and management of software and services across mixed cloud platforms.
Analytics is often described as one of the biggest challenges associated with big data, but even before that step can happen, data has to be ingested and made available to enterprise users. That's where Apache Kafka comes in.
Reporting its third-quarter earnings, Google also talked about how vital machine learning will be to its future.
IBM may be the fastest-growing vendor in the worldwide security software market, but it's also the owner of the world's largest source of spam.
IBM will acquire object-based storage vendor Cleversafe in a move to bolster its cloud business unit with more flexibility and simplified management options in the hybrid cloud, it announced on Monday.
Researchers at IBM say they've made a major breakthrough in carbon nanotube technology that could speed the development of smaller, faster and more powerful chips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW