Microsoft says its Surface devices generate about US$1 billion in revenue every quarter, and hopes to raise that number by putting the devices on more corporate desktops.
Watson might schedule your meetings someday if a partnership between IBM and Cisco Systems bears the fruit they’re hoping to grow. In the meantime, the companies hope to save employees from some of the meaningless tasks they have to carry out just to...
Remaining agile is one of the biggest challenges facing CIOs today, says Westpac Group tech chief Dave Curran.
The technology industry's e-waste problem isn't expected to go away anytime soon, but IBM just made a discovery that could help.
IBM has many goals with its upcoming Power9 chip, and one is to challenge the dominance of Intel's x86 chips in the data center.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) and IBM have revealed new apps designed for the Wimbledon Championships 2016, plus a system based on AI platform IBM Watson that will allow for the preparing of content based on match predictions.
The bad news is that data breaches are becoming ever more common. The worse news is that the cost they represent for companies is going through the roof.
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
The digital transformation train may have already left the station, but for companies with legacy mainframe applications, it's not always clear how to get on board. On Wednesday, IBM announced an acquisition that could help.
The result will be a cloud service called Watson for Cyber Security that's designed to provide insights into emerging threats as well as recommendations on how to stop them.
IBM Research is making its quantum processor available to the public via IBM's cloud to any desktop or mobile device.
Microsoft's Azure has a rival in Samsung's new Artik Cloud service.
IBM has announced a new weapon in the battle against cancer that will put Watson to work in a new way.
In the past few weeks, North Carolina and Mississippi have adopted laws enabling businesses to discriminate against gays and transgender people by those who say serving them would infringe on their religious beliefs. Some large tech companies have co...
Google and Rackspace are designing a server based on IBM's upcoming Power9 processor, a sure sign that Intel is no longer the only game in town for cloud service providers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD