IBM is helping a Chinese state-owned firm to monitor food safety in the country, by building a new system meant to prevent tainted products from being sold to consumers.
Computer giant IBM has made legally binding concessions to European Union regulators in order to avoid a fine for anticompetitive practices.
After several days of gains, tech stocks dropped Thursday as markets declined on disappointing news from Europe, where government officials are meeting to try to solve the sovereign debt crisis afflicting several countries in the euro area.
IBM is buying analytics vendor DemandTec for US$440 million in a bid to build out its line of e-commerce software, the companies announced Thursday. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of next year.
Responding to increased use of tablets within workplaces, IBM will release on Wednesday several mobile applications designed to let employees use IBM enterprise social collaboration software with iPads and other mobile devices.
IBM is strengthening its hand in public-sector IT, announcing on Monday the purchase of Cúram Software, which makes applications for use by government social programs. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close before the end of December, were not...
The worldwide server market grew by unit shipments and revenue in the third quarter this year, but the downward spiral of RISC and Itanium servers continued on the gains of x86 servers, Gartner said on Monday.
Enterprise software vendors have been rushing to build or buy "sentiment analysis" technologies that can analyze the tone of what people are saying about companies and brands on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has released the first draft of two standards intended to protect the privacy of Web users and allow them to opt out of Web tracking systems.
Server vendors on Monday came out in support of Advanced Micro Devices' latest Opteron 6200 server chips, which advance chip technology to new highs with 16 processor cores.
Japan's K Computer has retained its pole position on the Top500 list of fastest supercomputers and become the first machine on the list to achieve performance of more than 10 petaflops.
IBM has reached a deal with Chinese electronics retailer Suning Appliance to build research centers in China and the U.S. meant to develop e-commerce products for the company.
John Opel, who served as IBM CEO from 1981 to 1985, passed away at the age of 86 last week, IBM confirmed Monday.
In a move to bring network connectivity to a wider range of devices, sensors and appliances, IBM has donated the source code of its machine-to-machine messaging software to the Eclipse Foundation, the company announced Thursday.
VMware is no longer a member of the Java Community Process SE/EE Executive Committee, but Twitter has joined, according to election results finalized this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA